Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My dads Red Fox (Cross) >

My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My dads Red Fox (Cross)

thats sweet. congrats to your dad and it should make a great looking mount
Old 02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: janesburg

Cool looking fox Steve. Is it a gray-red cross? Is he mounting it?
Nope. It's just a red fox. The cross part comes from the black crossing each other on It's coat I believe. Yep, he's getting It mounted.
I know I sure would!!! That's beautiful!!! Congrats to him!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice fox, congrats to him..

lol, it almost looks like its already mounted though..
Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Steve...what a great catch...full body mount???
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Steve,

Congrats to your father for a cool catch! I do not feel it's a cross but rather a color phase. It's sort of like blonde, chocolate, black, and blue black bears. It's Mother Nature's way of changing her genes.
It's a cross Will. A cross fox doesn't mean a mix between a red and a silver or gray If that's what you were saying or thinking. In this case It's a "cross red fox" meaning It has a black strip coming from It's leg that crosses another black strip coming from It's head on top of the back. It makes a "cross". It's very easy to see. Kodiak Archer (Rob) said It perfect.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

full body mount???
Yep! I just talked with dad a few minutes ago and he said $300.00 for the full body mount.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

full body mount???
Yep! I just talked with dad a few minutes ago and he said $300.00 for the full body mount.
I'd say that's reasonable, although I never priced anything like that. I know my Full body Merriam Gobbler is costing me $475, and............................................... ................

My Full size Bear[:-]we don't wanna talk about that.

Dan
Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

full body mount???
I'd say that's reasonable, although I never priced anything like that. I know my Full body Merriam Gobbler is costing me $475, and............................................... ................

My Full size Bear[:-]we don't wanna talk about that.

Dan
I actually thought It was reasonable too. I hear ya on the full body mount bear. I almost had my big chocolate done Into a full body mount but money was a tight one being I had just bought my parents house and business from them. The taxi quoted me $1200.00 9 years ago If I wanted the full body mount done. I wish I would of done It after seeing prices the way they are now!! I bet that price Is damn near double on a full body mount bear now!!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:24 PM

The taxi quoted me $1200.00 9 years ago If I wanted the full body mount done. I wish I would of done It after seeing prices the way they are now!! I bet that price Is damn near double on a full body mount bear now!!
It's more than double. I got a lot of quotes close to that just for my fox. Ended up going with a guy in MI for $650 but then I hate to see what shipping is going to cost me!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cool looking fox your dad got! Thanks for sharing, I do have to agree though that it does look like it has part of the silver fox color phase in it.. I was looking at a silver fox at our local rod and gun club last night during a benefit supper and it had a lot of looks as the one your dad had minus the red color.
It's still cool though no matter what..

Quick Reply: My dads Red Fox (Cross)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.