Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby? >

Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Believe it or not Fly Fishing is my REAL area of expertise. I wish I knew as much about bowhunting.

I also do ok at 3D archery, tie flies obviously, now I love turkey hunting thanks to good friends, I mess around with guns, gun hunt, predator hunt, flintlocks, used to be a hardcore Div1 softball player, do wildlife artwork, and I golf.

Most are secondary hobbies but fly fishing is the other that is comparable to bowhunting. Heck it used to be my job.
If anyone wants to learn or no anything about the sport give me a yell. I've forgotten more about flyfishing than I'll probably ever know about bowhunting deer.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Believe it or not Fly Fishing is my REAL area of expertise. I wish I knew as much about bowhunting.

I also do ok at 3D archery, tie flies obviously, now I love turkey hunting thanks to good friends, I mess around with guns, gun hunt, predator hunt, flintlocks, used to be a hardcore Div1 softball player, do wildlife artwork, and I golf.

Most are secondary hobbies but fly fishing is the other that is comparable to bowhunting. Heck it used to be my job.
If anyone wants to learn or no anything about the sport give me a yell. I've forgotten more about flyfishing than I'll probably ever know about bowhunting deer.
Matt,
I've always wanted to try Fly Fishing, but believe it or not I never had the chance.

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Matt,
I've always wanted to try Fly Fishing, but believe it or not I never had the chance.

Dan
You mean.........never created the opportunity.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

For me bowhunting is a tie between cars... I've always been a big gear head!! with the economy getting worse and no extra money, cars are on hold for awhile!!

Heres a pic of my 550rwhp 94 Mustang GT

Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is what consumes ALL of my free time. I am either shed hunting/scouting Jan-Apr, March-Sep I am either hanging stands or shooting(3D, league, backyard), Oct-Jan I am sitting in one of those stands. I use to really love to fish, but hunting has really taken over in the last 10 years. I finally sold my boat when I realized it had not left the garage in over two years and it has not been more than three years since I have made a cast. There are times when I wonder if I have let it consume me too much, I make sure to make time for my family and lucky for me I have a wife who understands my obsession and supports me. The only rule she has is I am not allowed to refer to making love to her as the rut! I can live with that.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you teach me a thing or two about spelling? Lol, I had to, Matt.

In all seriousness, I was thinking of you when I wrote this. I remember our conversations about this time last year when I was asking for advice on flyfishing. I dabble in a LOT of things, as it seems you do as well. I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on flyfishing. I have all the time in the world for it (I have summers off). I just don't know whether or not I can balance that and 3D and my wedding/house crap this summer.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

Can you teach me a thing or two about spelling? Lol, I had to, Matt.

In all seriousness, I was thinking of you when I wrote this. I remember our conversations about this time last year when I was asking for advice on flyfishing. I dabble in a LOT of things, as it seems you do as well. I'm inching closer to pulling the trigger on flyfishing. I have all the time in the world for it (I have summers off). I just don't know whether or not I can balance that and 3D and my wedding/house crap this summer.
I'm sticking by the fact that I didn't hit the K and w keys hard enough when I typed that.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

You mean.........never created the opportunity.
You are absolutely correct! Grand Dad always says "People do just what they want to do"

I just never made the opportunity happen. Never had a fly rod, wouldn't know what to buy, etc., etc. I know that's just the beginning. I have always enjoyed lightweight open faced spinning reels and fishing with them. Matter of Fact I thought I heard some Crappie calling from Arkansas yesterday

I couldn't afford to go through the learning growing pains like I did in Archery the first few years.[8D]

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I love bow hunting. Maybe I should concentrate more on that as I have killed more deer bow hunting than anything else. i just picked up muzzleloading this past year, so that has been interesting. I still have some experimenting and refining where that is concerned. Along with my muzzleloader, I picked up a .243 barrel for my Optima and just got a new scope and will be playing with some handloads my Dad made up for me. My other bigh hobby is my car. I have a 2006 Charger R/T that I have some minor mods to and love it. I would say huting and my car are my two biggest hobbies though.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting is my fav, but flyfishing is a close second, been doing it for 20 years. Also like to play golf in the spring and early summer. Throw in weight lifting and snowboarding in the winter for kicks.

Shane

Quick Reply: Is Bowhunting your only MAIN hobby?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.