Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 State Bowhunters Associations >

State Bowhunters Associations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

State Bowhunters Associations

Old 01-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: State Bowhunters Associations

life member , have served on board as director in two locations and on legislative committe.
i feel it is important to support the strongest organ. that increases my bowhunting opportunities.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

yea..they do a lot of good. They help keep IA as the only state in the midwest or nation as far as that goes, with NO GUNS ALLOWED during the rut. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why MN and MO doesn't get as big as bucks as IA, when the genetics and food is the same as IA. maybe NO GUNS DURING THE RUT you MORON MN and MO DNR biologists.
That Is Gospel right there!! "Moron MN DNR biologist", I love It!!
I'll take my ball and go home[&o]
What I said was pointed at our great DNR folks, Not at just any deer or wildlife biologist. The Mn DNR could use an upcoming biologist as yourself. I thought of you when I said this and was hoping you would understand what I was getting at and not take It the wrong way.
lol, I knew what you were getting at, and I agree. I should have added the "[8D]".

Thanks for the compliment, Ihave a long ways to go.

As for the original post, I am not, but I'm a very active member of an NWTF committee.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a very active member of an NWTF committee.
That's a great organization!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Damn, I thought this would be the other way around!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you belong to one Joe?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not belong to one either, though i do support the local clubs. The Maine Bowhunters Ass. is located in Augausta which is a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. The closest club meeting is located in Bangor which is still another 2 hour drive for me. They have opened up some great opportunities here though. Like bowhunting in and around all our cities that allow you to just by all the does tags you want. You can shoot 1 buck in these areas as well. But all of them are a long ways away for me as well. So in reallity it really hasn't done me alot of good up here. We used to be able to take any deer with a bow, but this past year they changed that as well.I do not mind that for me. For as far as someone starting out though they should be able to shoot which ever they want for their firstbow killed deer. I think this would keep them interested in bow hunting if they could of. Instead we have an opposite sittuation going as bow hunting members are now dropping out of it. Not me though as I have shot a few deer with my bow so I am hooked I think..
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, WBA and the NRA. I will be joining the WTA this weekend as well, Wisconsin Traditional Archers! I will also be sending in an application for a Local club that has some great shoots!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Yes, WBA and the NRA. I will be joining the WTA this weekend as well, Wisconsin Traditional Archers! I will also be sending in an application for a Local club that has some great shoots!
Good to hear Joe. I guess I wasn't surprised by the results of the pole. Most people have the mind set that If It don't benefit them personally they don't want no part of It. Each to there own I guess. I figure I do my part In supporting some organizations that I believe fight for our rights as hunters/bowhunters and also programs that educate our young folks on nature and the environment. Good thread!!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 AM

When I get older and have more money I will become a life member probably. I have been/am part of DU, NWTF, NRA, NAHC...etc. Just don't renew every year in all of them. DU and NWTF are my favorite two orgs....just wish DU would do more public land projects instead of the private land (outfitter type setups) projects.

Hunting out west, you will certainly be paying the dues as Schultzy says. They charge you an arm and a leg to just get a NR tag in most states....and to hunt FEDERAL land at that. What is funny to me, is the Wilderness law in WY where nonresident hunters MUST hire a guide to hunt in a "wilderness" area and they claim it is for safety issues and costs of search and rescue...You can go fishing, hiking, climbing, etc in these areas year round, but adding that bow in your hand makes you a liability? lol Oh well, I am straying now. back to the point at hand.

No, I am not a member of my state's bowhunters association.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Good to hear Joe. I guess I wasn't surprised by the results of the pole. Most people have the mind set that If It don't benefit them personally they don't want no part of It. Each to there own I guess. I figure I do my part In supporting some organizations that I believe fight for our rights as hunters/bowhunters and also programs that educate our young folks on nature and the environment. Good thread!!
Good point Steve, some folks over look all the good the Associations do for us and put there focus on the things they don't like that doesn't benefit them! I try to look at things that help us ALL as Bowhunters and sportsman in general! Its pretty hard to please everyone but they are in all our favor! Most only cost $20/$25 bucks a year, I'll spend that in a blink of an eye just walking out the door in a few days and not even know I spent it!

Quick Reply: State Bowhunters Associations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.