Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 State Bowhunters Associations >

State Bowhunters Associations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

State Bowhunters Associations

Old 01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: State Bowhunters Associations

Yes, I do - MBS. I also belong to the MSA.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Yep, I've been the Secretary/Treasurer for the Mississippi Bowhunters Association for going on 3 years now. I personally think its pretty shameful for any bowhunter to not supporttheir state association.
Shameful for not being in a bowhunting association? Come on now. I didn't even know we had one.Are you a part of the parent teacher association? How about the citizens for the elderly association? What about citizens who support wounded military soldiers association? Are you a part of any of those? Ifyou are notI think it is shameful.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Banned

yea..they do a lot of good. They help keep IA as the only state in the midwest or nation as far as that goes, with NO GUNS ALLOWED during the rut. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why MN and MO doesn't get as big as bucks as IA, when the genetics and food is the same as IA. maybe NO GUNS DURING THE RUT you MORON MN and MO DNR biologists.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Yep, I've been the Secretary/Treasurer for the Mississippi Bowhunters Association for going on 3 years now. I personally think its pretty shameful for any bowhunter to not supporttheir state association.
Shameful for not being in a bowhunting association? Come on now. I didn't even know we had one.Are you a part of the parent teacher association? How about the citizens for the elderly association? What about citizens who support wounded military soldiers association? Are you a part of any of those? Ifyou are notI think it is shameful.
What he's saying Brett Is If you want your hunting rights to be there, you better support the people fighting for ya. I agree with DC as well, we all should support some kind of hunting organization. That's the only reason I am a member of the P&Y club and MBI.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

yea..they do a lot of good. They help keep IA as the only state in the midwest or nation as far as that goes, with NO GUNS ALLOWED during the rut. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why MN and MO doesn't get as big as bucks as IA, when the genetics and food is the same as IA. maybe NO GUNS DURING THE RUT you MORON MN and MO DNR biologists.
That Is Gospel right there!! "Moron MN DNR biologist", I love It!!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Schultzy, who is fighting for me here in Virginia? We have the WORST state in the country in terms of owning/maintaining/acquiring public lands for outdoorsman. I mean I just pay my $76 to hunt each year in the state of Virginia and hunt guess what......federal land. I do not even hunt Virginia's public lands because they are too far away from me and the areas are too small with too many people. I am forced to hunt on a federally owned military base. We have a large national forest but that is too far away as well. We have crap here in Northern Virginia.I would love to move out of this craphole one day.

I hear your point though Schultzy aboout being a part of an association that promotes/supports hunting...I will look into it.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Schultzy, who is fighting for me here in Virginia? We have the WORST state in the country in terms of owning/maintaining/acquiring public lands for outdoorsman. I mean I just pay my $76 to hunt each year in the state of Virginia and hunt guess what......federal land. I do not even hunt Virginia's public lands because they are too far away from me and the areas are too small with too many people. I am forced to hunt on a federally owned military base. We have a large national forest but that is too far away as well. We have crap here in Northern Virginia.I would love to move out of this craphole one day.

I hear your point though Schultzy about being a part of an association that promotes/supports hunting...I will look into it.
I understand what your saying as well Brett, don't get me wrong bud! Mn makes a ton of money off of hunting licenses and the lottery system so some of that goes back In to purchasing public land and preserving other public land. Where I hunt out west In Montana It's called BLM land. It's owned by the state of Montana but the money used for the state of Montana to buy the land comes from non resident hunting licenses and nothing else. Some states are real good with this and some are not.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

I would, but I don't bowhunt in my own state...and I can't join another state's
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'll take my ball and go home[&o]
Old 01-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'll take my ball and go home[&o]
What I said was pointed at our great DNR folks, Not at just any deer or wildlife biologist. The Mn DNR could use an upcoming biologist as yourself. I thought of you when I said this and was hoping you would understand what I was getting at and not take It the wrong way.

Quick Reply: State Bowhunters Associations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.