Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow Rant

Old 01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bow Rant

To answer your question, because I have a problem. I am in the Bow aHolics club led my Rob.[8D] 45 weeks out of the year we meet on Thursday nights for wings. We tinker with any and every bow we can get out hands on and then sing Kumbaya.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ben, I didn't know Rob was the leader.[8D]Maybe "Come buy my last years bow would be better".

LT
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 PM

Face it LT, you'd own a new bow if it didn't mean you'd have to change your screen name every time and "LouisianaDrenalin"nor "Louisiana AM35" sound as cool!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Face it LT, you'd own a new bow if it didn't mean you'd have to change your screen name every time and "LouisianaDrenalin"nor "Louisiana AM35" sound as cool!
That is a big Negative there Kodiak.I tried going from LT to a new name and the mod's did not even respond. I am shooting an Allegiance now. Wouldn't that sound cool Louisiana Allegience? Sounds like a racist group.[8D]

Nah, I'll just stick to LT.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

LT, he would be a much better leader if he was left handed so that I could buy his last year's bow. As it is, I just have to deal with an empty wallet and playing shadow games with the wife to get the bows in the house.[8D]
Old 01-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear said that those guys who buy into the "new bow a month" club shoot mechanical broad heads too.[]
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I Love new Toys!! I've owned 80+ compounds since I started shooting.

For me I have always found it didn't take too many $$ to trade up a year. So why not?

I could kill Deer with lots of bows, but that's hardly why I want new Bows. I like doing it in style

If you don't want to hear about a New Bow, don't read the thread![8D]

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 04:07 AM

Well let see....in 1995 I bought a new Hoyt Raider....it got stolen...in 1996 I bought a used High Country Excalibur. that was a good bow but I wanted something smoother....upgraded in 2002 to a Parker Hunter Mag....hunted with it for a few years and then got on the speed kick and bought an 07 X force....worst thing ever for me....got rid of it and bought an 08 Allegiance and love it.. will get a new bow in a few years I guess, but maybe not.