Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you rather have in a bow? >

What would you rather have in a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you rather have in a bow?

Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM

Default RE: What would you rather have in a bow?

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard
See I don't agree. You are FEELING shock AFTER your arrow is gone, but that shock actually occurs upon release, what do you think causes any noise at all? it's the vibration. You are talking about anticipating the noise from the shot. Noise is caused by vibration. Vibration causes loss in accuracy. I thought that was pretty commonly known.
Agreeing or not doesn't change the fact that the reaction can't occur until the action has happened. The action in this case is the string going through its firing cycle. The string and limbs overshoot the static state as the arrow is propelled off the string, the string and limbs thenoscillate back and forth aound their static position until they come to rest. What you're feeling as hand shock is that oscillation. The arrow has to be gone before the oscillation begins because the first stroke (wave) in the oscillation is the one that launches the arrow. The amplitude of the oscillation is determined by the amount of latent (not transfered) energy in the system. Likewise, the noise isn't generated at release it's generated by the expulsion of that latent energy in the system that occursat the time the arrowleaves the string. Similar occurance with a rifle, the report isn't generated at the time the trigger is pulled, it's generated when the bullet and gases exit the bore.

If hand shock caused poor accuracy no compound shooter would have ever killed a deer 15 years ago and no longbow shooter would ever hit the broad side of a barn much less an aspirin tossed into the air.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I put absolutely no stock in the handshock of a bow.All bows today have very little handshock.

I can usually tell if I like a bow as soon as I pull it back,I DO NOT need to shoot it.The way the wall feels and the way the bow holds and balances at full draw are all that matter to me out of a hunting bow.How quiet the bow is is important for hunting but most all top end bows are quiet as well.

In a target bow,I actually prefer a little forward lunge.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Well I have little to offer because I have not shot either bow or one with a heavy vibration. I will ask that what is important to you is different than the others reporting back to you. For example, I just love to shoot and I am not sure if I want to hold a vibrater in my hands while I'm out at the range with the fellows. To me, I want speed and accuracy. What is important to you? When you have that answer, you will find your bow. Good luck and enjoy shopping. Kodiak, you sound like an engineer. What's to engineer in AK? Pretty ignorant on the the state but i know that I would love to head up there for a vacation.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I prefer zero shock which ultimately leads to better accuracy,....theoretically anyways.
On what planet does that theory apply?Here on Earth the arrow is gone before the hand shock hits. (Just giving ya a hard time, but that is a common misconception.) A shooting machine will split arrow after arrow of bows with wicked hand shock. The arrow is gone before the bow recoils. It's a matter of the archer anticipating and reacting to the recoil before it even happens that degrades the shot, not the recoil itself. Same with heavy hitting rifles, and I know heavy hitting rifles...
See I don't agree. You are FEELING shock AFTER your arrow is gone, but that shock actually occurs upon release, what do you think causes any noise at all? it's the vibration. You are talking about anticipating the noise from the shot. Noise is caused by vibration. Vibration causes loss in accuracy. I thought that was pretty commonly known.
Once again, kodiak covered the physics part of it very well. Ill state again though, vibration does NOT change accuracy. If vibration caused loss in accuracy, then all of the pro's would be shooting bowtech admirals instead of full length target bows. Go and shoot a real target bow adn see how it feels! At the shot, almost any new high end hunting bow WILL feel better than a target bow. If you want proof besides what kodiak said, go and shoot some. Go shoot a Proelite,BT constitution,PSE money maker, or a mathews conquest. They are some of themost forgiving/accurate/consistant bowsin the world. Tell us what you think then.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Personally, I would not by either one of the two bows that you mentioned. I would wait if I were you and pick up a new Bowtech.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gotta Love Off season!![8D]

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its always the off season for me[:-]
Old 01-16-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

To be fair i think you would have to shoot both hat are tuned and set to the proper draw length to experience the proper feel . Are there other aspects of the bows as well
like weight , length , brace height, or other features to help determine which one ?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Spike

$1200, and you have to choose which bad shooting qualities you have to live with? Man, Glad I'm a trad shooter!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive shot both and i would pick the hoyt

dont get me wrong, mathews are great bows but, when im hunting with one i feel as ifs a fragile antique and any bump will snap it in half

with my hoyt, it just feels like i could jump on it and nothing would happen, and with a big buck i dont want to leave anything to chance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.