Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What would you rather have in a bow? >

What would you rather have in a bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What would you rather have in a bow?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Banned

Default RE: What would you rather have in a bow?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

SOLID wall, absolute solid wall!

Quiet, noise free

Smooth, semi smooth draw.

hand shock, somewhat irrelevant but that comes in the way of noise.

Speed, not necessary but if you get speed with all the above, bonus.
Yea..what Rob said
Old 01-14-2009, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Well if a solid wall is the #1 rating, I would give the AM32 the nod, cuz when I was at full draw, there was absolutely NO movement. From what I remember, with the AM32, I felt at full draw as if I could aim and shoot more accurately. The problem is, with bow of those bows, they werent set to my draw length or anything, so it was kinda just pull back and hit the target and go from there.
They have to both be set to your draw length. You'll never feel solid on a bow that is too long for your draw. My DXT is rock solid but I keep my hunting bows a touch shorter (-1/2") in draw length than my 3D bows due to the heavy layers of clothing I wear hunting. It's almost more solid than I like.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer zero shock which ultimately leads to better accuracy,....theoretically anyways.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard
I prefer zero shock which ultimately leads to better accuracy,....theoretically anyways.
On what planet does that theory apply?Here on Earth the arrow is gone before the hand shock hits. (Just giving ya a hard time, but that is a common misconception.) A shooting machine will split arrow after arrow of bows with wicked hand shock. The arrow is gone before the bow recoils. It's a matter of the archer anticipating and reacting to the recoil before it even happens that degrades the shot, not the recoil itself. Same with heavy hitting rifles, and I know heavy hitting rifles...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Why is this thing double posting?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

On what planet does that theory apply?Here on Earth the arrow is gone before the hand shock hits. (Just giving ya a hard time, but that is a common misconception.) A shooting machine will split arrow after arrow of bows with wicked hand shock. The arrow is gone before the bow recoils. It's a matter of the archer anticipating and reacting to the recoil before it even happens that degrades the shot, not the recoil itself. Same with heavy hitting rifles, and I know heavy hitting rifles...

Rob does bring up a good point though and that is that although accuracy is not compromised, with heavy recoil there also comes more noise. In this case though we're not talking about heavy recoil, we're just talking about slightly more perceived recoil from one than another.
Couldnt have said it any better...

You sound like you know what you have felt, now make the decision after you go shoot the piss outta them some more. Shoot them until you know which one you like better. I had to shoot the AM35 and the BT Captain about 40times a piece before i could decide. If a shop wont let you do that, then go to a different one

How off were the draws of the bows? From what ive felt after shooting the DXT numerous times and owning an AM, the DXT had more shock to me. Maybe its just me[&:]

Either way, just pick the one you honestly like better. Not which one people here or anywhere else prefer. You will be happier in the long run.

Derek
Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I expect and want it all!

Dan
Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like you have already made your decision. If you look at your question, there is one pro to the first and two to the second.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like a smooth draw w/ very little hand shock vs a speed demon. That is why I love my Mathews Switchback XT... All of my friend's bows are faster, but i love the smoothness and forgiveness of my XT... Esp for hunting...
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

See I don't agree. You are FEELING shock AFTER your arrow is gone, but that shock actually occurs upon release, what do you think causes any noise at all? it's the vibration. You are talking about anticipating the noise from the shot. Noise is caused by vibration. Vibration causes loss in accuracy. I thought that was pretty commonly known.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.