Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MATHEWS MONSTER

Old 01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MATHEWS MONSTER

When is mathews gonna edit that page??? Didn't the PSE get better speeds, and more efficency with a higher brace height? I think Mathews, or mcpherson same thing lol need to do some updating! lol
Old 01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

yep.....that's a a rip off of the X Force.
see that is what I thought it looked like when i first saw it...
I agree also. The other thing I wanted to point out, and I'm not saying it's a bad bow at all I'm just pointing out the obvious....I think it's rediculous that mathews came out with a dual came bow after all the clout of " catch us if you can, we are single cam bows" That kind of crap kind of pisses me off, and the reason that I say that is because I know lots of mathews fans that talked a lot of crap about dual cam bows and how terrible they were. Bowtech made it work and I'm thinking that mathews is now a little scared and has to throw in a dual cam bow just to keep some of their customers from switching. Which is a good marketing strategy that makes sense. But it really upsets me that they were so anti dual cam and then bam there they are coming out with one. I was really upset when I first saw this bow a couple months ago. I don't know you can bash me if you want that's just how I feel.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

ORIGINAL: Huntinman23

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

yep.....that's a a rip off of the X Force.
see that is what I thought it looked like when i first saw it...
I agree also. The other thing I wanted to point out, and I'm not saying it's a bad bow at all I'm just pointing out the obvious....I think it's rediculous that mathews came out with a dual came bow after all the clout of " catch us if you can, we are single cam bows" That kind of crap kind of pisses me off, and the reason that I say that is because I know lots of mathews fans that talked a lot of crap about dual cam bows and how terrible they were. Bowtech made it work and I'm thinking that mathews is now a little scared and has to throw in a dual cam bow just to keep some of their customers from switching. Which is a good marketing strategy that makes sense. But it really upsets me that they were so anti dual cam and then bam there they are coming out with one. I was really upset when I first saw this bow a couple months ago. I don't know you can bash me if you want that's just how I feel.
Thats the same way I fealt about it. They could talk the talk, but They couldn't walk the walk. They ran there mouths about how solocams were superior in everyway, and at one time I'm pretty sure when Hoyt came out with there cam and half. Mathews said They has previously invented that style of cam, and it was inferior to there solocam. They've claimed ofcreating everything that the other bow companies are makeing, and selling great. Now They have to eat crow, and start building bows that have some of the options They ragged on. Such as dual cam, split limbs.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: travis25/06

isn't that bow made by mcpherson for mathews. i read some where because it is a dual cam mathews wouldn't take full credit as they r the single cam god
No its from the Mcpherson series made by Mathews. Matt Mcpherson is the founder and owner of Mathews. I guess technically all the bows are made (designed) by Mcpherson for Mathews... Anyways it is a Mathews bow and they are taking full credit for it right now the good and bad credits they have produced with this release of a prototype. WCL
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ofcourse its gonna look like the X-force.. to get those kinds of speeds they need preloaded limbs. So yeah its gonna look basically the same. Big whoop. Bottom line is I could care less about these speed bows anyways. I'll stick with my DXT.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:48 AM

where did I say I cared?? I just stated what it was...it's a rip off of the X force...so what...I won't shoot it either way...but it is an X force.....you make the call.....

Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just like Mathews to copy a PSE design...
Old 01-15-2009, 03:59 AM

I like Mathews bows..I do not like the X force. Im not understanding why this is a problem for some..does it not look like an x force? does it not have very simillar design?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

Here's the Mathews Monster whoever would like to see it. Myself I'm a MAthews man and see no REEZEN to change from my "ole" reliable Swithback XT.

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-11251-44-ViewProduct-1473-324.asp
I was justing thinking about that last night while shooting my XT at the indoor league.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA
BUThaven't we been here and done this?[8D]
Too many times, and it gets really old.[>:] Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, and they have every right to voice it. It just sucks sometimes to read through a lot of juvenile babble, bickering and mud-slinging to pick out useful information in a thread that you're interested in.[&o]

I shoot a Drenalin, and I love it, but I have no allegiance to Mathews at all. It just happened to be the bow that I liked best. It's quiet, accurate, reliable, plenty fast enough and I'm deadly with it. Sure, the Monster looks almost identical to the X-Force.Who cares? I couldn't care less who copied what nor do I care that PSE has turned out a bow that shoots even faster. All I can say is that I would never want a hunting bow with that brace height, and to be honest, I think it's an ugly bow.[8D]

Quick Reply: MATHEWS MONSTER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.