Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!! >

Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!!

I hadbeen thinking about trying out some of the better fixed heads lately and had come down to the G5 stryker and the SlickTrick Mag, or the Grizz Trick. Well, after the debate, and a post, i ended up gettingin contactwith MeanV2 (Dan)and since we live close, he sent me aST Mag, and a GrizzTrick.

After getting my AM35 setup with somemaxima 250's with a 100gr. tip i had a 355gr. arrowthat was flying at 282fps @57#'s. Not bad at all to say the least.

I got them dialed in with field tips, sonowwas the ultimate test. I shot them back to back out to 40yds. The flight was great! My first two shots at 20yds,the arrows were shaft to shaft touching each other. Thankfully the blades on the 2nd arrow were positioned just right and didnt hurt the arrow, but it made a clean slicethrough one of my 2.3" duravanes. I proceded toshoot them at different distances to see how close the arrows would pattern. Needless to say, theywere dead on with eachother the whole time. They grouped just as well as a field tip, and i couldnt have been happier with a fixed blade bh.

What surprised me the mostwas thateven though they were differnt sizedheads, they still grouped the same. I am very satisfied with them and will be pickingup a pack for nextseason w/out a doubt.

Thank you Meanv2 (Dan) for letting me try them;excellent customer service to say the least.

Derek
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!!

Derek,
I think you'll be VERY happy with them. I don't see me shooting anything else except a big LONG WIDE BH to fine tune my bow, then back to the ST's for what they do best, KILL ANIMALS!!! Good to hear you're enjoying that AM35, you can change your SIG line now.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Derek,
I think you'll be VERY happy with them. I don't see me shooting anything else except a big LONG WIDE BH to fine tune my bow, then back to the ST's for what they do best, KILL ANIMALS!!! Good to hear you're enjoying that AM35, you can change your SIG line now.
I did get my AM in... but ive had one for the past few weeks[:-] I shoot for a shop so i just grabbed on off of the shelf as a temp. until mine in black arrived I love the black finish btw. I will post pics asap.

Derek
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM

I could not agree with you more. These are the greatest flying broadheads I have ever seen. I am even more curious to see how these chrono in comparison to a field tip because call me crazy, but I could almost swear that they fly faster and and even more accurate than my field tips.

I haven't shot an animal yet with them but these things are saweeet!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, I think you'll love them when you get to see what they do to a deer..
Old 01-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

My 100 Mags and Standards fly to the same spot, which is very nice.I agree that they shoot better than field tips. My first attempt at 40 yards with a mag, I placed 3 field tips right around the center dot at 12:00, 3:00, 9:00. The slick trick smoked through them dead center.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love them! The animals they met didn't though
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

I used them all year and they fly like a dart and they killed my critters.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

I hadbeen thinking about trying out some of the better fixed heads lately and had come down to the G5 stryker and the SlickTrick Mag, or the Grizz Trick. Well, after the debate, and a post, i ended up gettingin contactwith MeanV2 (Dan)and since we live close, he sent me aST Mag, and a GrizzTrick.

After getting my AM35 setup with somemaxima 250's with a 100gr. tip i had a 355gr. arrowthat was flying at 282fps @57#'s. Not bad at all to say the least.

I got them dialed in with field tips, sonowwas the ultimate test. I shot them back to back out to 40yds. The flight was great! My first two shots at 20yds,the arrows were shaft to shaft touching each other. Thankfully the blades on the 2nd arrow were positioned just right and didnt hurt the arrow, but it made a clean slicethrough one of my 2.3" duravanes. I proceded toshoot them at different distances to see how close the arrows would pattern. Needless to say, theywere dead on with eachother the whole time. They grouped just as well as a field tip, and i couldnt have been happier with a fixed blade bh.

What surprised me the mostwas thateven though they were differnt sizedheads, they still grouped the same. I am very satisfied with them and will be pickingup a pack for nextseason w/out a doubt.

Thank you Meanv2 (Dan) for letting me try them;excellent customer service to say the least.

Derek
Throw a Shuttle T by Tight point onand you'll get the same results, and they're deadly.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friends...

Seethe light!!!

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks = Superior BH flight!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.