If so, do you feel it makes a difference?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing? >

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

I like it, been using it since 98, scent lok and xscent ... I need layers anyway after Nov temps come around.. I wore six layers of scent lok clothing in ND a few weeks ago.. I had more deer in and around me on that hunt (While hunting off the ground) than I ever have.. as many as 30 deer passing within 5 to 20 yards in ONE SITTING.. I am not used to that here in Idaho, so I really got to put my scent control to a test.. several deer came in down wind etc.. Never got busted once by scent, deer just filed by me.. of course the majority I had the wind in my favor with.. but a couple times i had bucks and does at 5-10 yards down wind while I am sitting in a natural ground blind..some new I was there but didnt bust out and blow out of there..they picked me up a bit..would look right through me, My camo was killerfor that hunt, I was really broke up...anyway they didnt blowout once..I also always shower and spray down. I always play the wind the best I can because we cant be 100% scent free. Any time you can minimize your scent it does not hurt. Every deer on the planet has a different tolerance level to the AMOUNT of human odor molecules they feel safe with. I like knowing I may come across to an animal as if I am much fruther away than I really am..
Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Site Buck Guru

No, I don't wear it. Hunting with the right wind works for me.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Greg if I hunted the ground you do, I probably wouldnt worry aboutscent controlmuch, just play the predictable winds. Wind is always the best way that's forsure. Hunting the kind of terrain I do here, you'd pull your hair out trying to find a consistent wind for more than 30 minutes. When I was out at Tims hunting flat ground it was a treat to get to hunt winds that stayed consistent for hours.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: shed33

Yeah Greg if I hunted the ground you do, I probably wouldnt worry aboutscent controlmuch, just play the predictable winds. Wind is always the best way that's forsure. Hunting the kind of terrain I do here, you'd pull your hair out trying to find a consistent wind for more than 30 minutes. When I was out at Tims hunting flat ground it was a treat to get to hunt winds that stayed consistent for hours.
So what are you saying!!??

My ground is so simple to hunt that no skill is required? Maybe you wish that you had it as easy as I? Or maybe, it's just not challenging enough to be fufilling where I hunt??!!

Gee Troy, I never thought that you'd jump on that band wagon!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too do not wear it and unless they come out with something that has proof of its effectiveness, I won't. I store my clothes in scent free totes, shower in the morning with scent killer soaps, and spray down after I get out of the truck. It works for me.

I still haven't gotten any answers to my question about the Scent lock stuff. The stuff is hanging on racks in every major sporting goods store you go into. People are walking by it, some wearing colognes and perfumes, trying it on, touching it, etc. Does that mean if I buy it Im' buying a product that is already half used? Wouldn't it be better if it were sold in sealed packaging?

Just curious.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have questions concerning odor eliminating clothes:

From what I have read from most of you, we bowhunt because we find it more challenging than hunting with a gun.
Now, suppose there were clothes that would eliminate your scent entirely (pretend with me for a moment, please).

My questions are:
[ul][*]Would you buy and use these clothes?[*]Wouldn't that make the hunt less challenging or is bowhunting challenging enough and you want total scent elimination to help you?[/ul]
Personally, if they made clothes that totally eliminated your scent I still would not buy them. But that is the way I want to hunt and I realize everyone is not the same.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

To answer your question Bruce no I wouldn't buy It. Bruce- whats all In your arsenal that you use for bow hunting?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Banned

The midwest winds are constant and rarely change direction. You just go and hunt and if the wind is out of the NW that is what it will likely be all day. In the Mountains the winds CONSTANTLY are swirling and changing. I was elk hunting this sept in the Gilas and the wind was in my face and I had elk walking right by me at 20 yds..when it came time for the last one in the group, a bull...the wind all of a sudden changed and was blowing right at him. GONE and Running. Happens all of the time in the mountains is what Troy is saying. Mountain hunting you don't hunt with the correct wind at t times, as it is ALWAYS changing.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always been the kind of guy who didn't buy into it.

I've found that with the land I hunt, it is extremely hard to hunt the wind the proper way.

I think that my lack of deer sightings this year had something to do with it. I may buy some this year, but I'm still undecided.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

Yea Greg...your deer are stupid cause your're killin them..they must be.

j/k

Quick Reply: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.