HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 AM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you wear Odor eliminating clothing?

I like it, been using it since 98, scent lok and xscent ... I need layers anyway after Nov temps come around.. I wore six layers of scent lok clothing in ND a few weeks ago.. I had more deer in and around me on that hunt (While hunting off the ground) than I ever have.. as many as 30 deer passing within 5 to 20 yards in ONE SITTING.. I am not used to that here in Idaho, so I really got to put my scent control to a test.. several deer came in down wind etc.. Never got busted once by scent, deer just filed by me.. of course the majority I had the wind in my favor with.. but a couple times i had bucks and does at 5-10 yards down wind while I am sitting in a natural ground blind..some new I was there but didnt bust out and blow out of there..they picked me up a bit..would look right through me, My camo was killerfor that hunt, I was really broke up...anyway they didnt blowout once..I also always shower and spray down. I always play the wind the best I can because we cant be 100% scent free. Any time you can minimize your scent it does not hurt. Every deer on the planet has a different tolerance level to the AMOUNT of human odor molecules they feel safe with. I like knowing I may come across to an animal as if I am much fruther away than I really am..