Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH ALL THE WAY >

BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Default BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

AHHH BOWTECH!!! THE BEST OF COURSE. when i was looking for a new bow, I wanted something that was above the rest and the bowtech adirmal was the ticket, the silence, no vibration at all, and when the ladies see u withit they come crawling,lol. but seriously i shot the alphamax to see wat all the hipe was and it vibrated in my hand like crazy. i no that hoyt is suppost to be as durable as they come and if i am looking at dry fireing it a 1000 times and beat a deer with it like a ball bat ill reconsider. i no its not 340,350,360fps but reallly how fast do u need it to be able to pass through some mossyhorns and all i hear is MATHEWS has a bow coming out that goes 360fps,waste and im sure its just as silent and vibration free as the admiral, NOT , LETS GO BOWTECH
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

Every shooter is different and looking for something different
Old 01-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The General was real quiet too, right up until the limbs exploded, then it got a little noisy LOL .
Old 01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Agree with Rory! Everyone should shoot all the bows they can get there hands on to see what feels best to them. Bow choice is a very personal thing.

I do believe that BowTech along with their sister lines Diamond, and now Ross has one of the most Diverse lines on the market. You can buy a Binary, Hybrid, or Single Cam bow. Youalso have the choice of Center Pivot riser bows, or conventional riser bows, Fast bows, or Super Smooth bows with Great Speed as well. Many of the Bows also gives you a choice of several Camo patterns for a finish, and the Invelvet finish is in a league of it's own.
Matching Quivers and Stabilizers are also a bonus, and there are choices there as well.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot a bowtech (82nd) and it was the sweetest shooting bow Ive ever shot. But I couldnt afford one at the time, and my $450 set up gets the job done. One day I will be buying a bowtech, but like Rory said, different people want different things. Bowtech makes sweet bows but you dot not need to have a 300+fps bow to kill a deer
Old 01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

The General was real quiet too, right up until the limbs exploded, then it got a little noisy LOL .
Bruce, Did you hear any explode? Most shop owners I talked to saw little to No failures.

I think BowTech did the right thing and once they knew there was even that possibility they stepped up to the plate and fixed them.

I had 2 friends that Hunted with the General without changing Limbs even after I told them they really should. They never had a problem, although the Deer they shot at did receive some Fatal wounds[8D]

I'll change their limbs in the next couple of weeks as season is winding down. The 3 dealers I talk to on a regular basis only saw one failure, and I know several Generals were Sold.

Hats off to BowTech for taking care of something early in the game.

Dan
Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Bruce, Did you hear any explode? Most shop owners I talked to saw little to No failures.
No, but Bowtech must have heard something . No worries, MeanV2, I'm a Bowtech fanboy (have 4 at the moment, I'll be calling you soon when I start outfitting the new one) but I just can't stand these "slam a bow company" threads.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too am a Bowtech/Diamond fan!!!!! And they have some sweet shooting bows. I wish I could take certain things from all the different bows out there to make a super bow!

The 82nd is fun to shoot, super fast, but dual cam bows are not Smooth. Try a Black Ice!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the idea of not slamming other bow companies as well. I have used a bear bow for the last 20 plus years and it sure did the trick for me as well. This yearI have a Bow Tech coming in so I can not wait to try it out.. It sure is going to be different for me from about a 45% let off to a 60-80% let off as well.. I have heard a lot of good about Bow-Tech though..
Old 01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Again that's why I say shoot them. I have owned a Black Ice and I prefer my 82nd. It has become one of my all time favs this year, but I must admit the CP bows are just plain Fun to shoot and pretty darn fast as well.

The Air Raid looks awfully tempting as well. Darn I think I may have toorder one!!

Bruce I just think Bowtech knew there was a possibility of Failure and stepped upand intiated the recall. I still say Hats off to them for that. Holler whenever you are ready! I always appreciate your business!!

There is No one Bow that is Right for everyone, but if someone can't find a BowTech, Diamond, Ross that impresses them I doubt they have shot them all. The Ross Carnivore continues to impress me. It is a dream bow at the price.

Dan

Quick Reply: BOWTECH ALL THE WAY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.