Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 More News from the ATA 366 fps >

More News from the ATA 366 fps

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

More News from the ATA 366 fps

Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: More News from the ATA 366 fps

Food for thought guys, low poundage or low draw length shooters can GREATLY benefit from these bows. These guys are getting more speed out of a 50# bow than my smooth 70# bow. And I don't think 50# can possibly be harsh enough to be considered harder to pull than the SMOOTHEST 70#.

Not exactly true,I can pull some old round whell bows at 100#,but I understand what you are saying and agree to a point.BUT,those cams look rough as hell to me.

We are getting more speed than we used to get but they are doing it the same way.Short brace height and harsh cams but newer products and better equipment are atleast making them half way shootable today.This same bow could have been built 15 years ago but would have shook you to death and would have never stayed together.

I like this cycle with speed bows,atleast it makes the shootable bows even faster for the future.[8D]
Old 01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Makes you wonder... It use to be any bow with a brace height less than 8 inches was unshootable. Now, the number appears to be 6 inches. Wow, could it be that technology is gaining by miles? I have shot the gx cam. It is the smoothest thing I have ever had in my hands. I'm sure the Wright Brothers were told their flying contraption was unsafe and unflyable. Look where we are today!

Wouldn't it be better to flock to the archery stores and shoot one of these "unshootable" bows before discounting it? You might learn something. The world isn't flat...I promise!
As allways if you have the money to do so (meaning I knowifI test shoot stuff I'd want them)then go for it. I don't, so I'll choose something in the known range first. LOL
Old 01-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Its just the easiest way to gain speed. I'll wager the majority of the guys who buy this bow won't have them long.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:56 PM

I own a 6" x-force, and absolutely love it. I dont think you can really form a valid argument against the low brace bows w/dual cams until you practice for a week with one.
The recoil on the x bows is close to zilch, as I can shoot without a sling with hand open, and it wont jump out. Yes, the bows are very un-forgiving, but in terms of accuracy, mine will shoot one inch groups per ten yards out, and the nasty brace height keeps me in form as I know that if I'm out of form, its gonna bite me in the wrist good.

In my opinion, I can't wait untill the local shop gets one of these new ones so I can try it out (of course I wont be able to afford one having just bought my bow, which I am very happy with)!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shrewbeer,

Is your X a 2009 model? The new GX camsare amazing!they have totally eliminated the harsh back wall and creep associated withlast year'scams. I ordered a 09 SS and have an 08 #80 X-F-6". The 08 is a tack driver. I suspect the 09 will be much the same.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap Huck, that 80#er must blaze!
Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

I use to shoot a Bowtech Black Knight 2, and I think it had a 5.5" brace height. I can't remember exactly, but I could shoot that thing very well. I mean really accurate. I've only got a 27" draw length though so that might have helped Me a little bit. I could shoot 27" draw 62 pounds peaked out with a 320 grain arrow at 310 fps. I was pretty happy with it. I just started looking for smaller bows is the only reason I got rid of it. Quite a few deer, and 1 turkey died because of the BK2. It seems now though I try to look at bows above 6.5" brace height. Even though I never seemed to have a problem with that one.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Al,

I have a single pin that's good out to forty yards.I bought the bow to use on dangerous game in Africa. Hopefully a hippo and cape buff will be on the receiving end of it's delivery system. I haven't put it through a chrono yet.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a feeling that was what you had it for. Good luck with it!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Al,

I have a single pin that's good out to forty yards.I bought the bow to use on dangerous game in Africa. Hopefully a hippo and cape buff will be on the receiving end of it's delivery system. I haven't put it through a chrono yet.
Last week MeanV, GregH, TFOX, and Doug all informed me that my bow was obviously sighted in wrong(which it was) as even an arrow traveling at 400 fps will have too much drop for a one pin sight to be usedout to 40 yds. I also learned 3 years ago on this site, that a 70# bow doesn't really shoot any faster than a 60# bow; just a a gain in kinetic energy, as a 70# bow requires heavier arrow than the 60#. Hense, the 80# bow will be nice for Kinetic energy on big, heavy skinned, dangerous game. No real speed advantage, just kinetic energy.

Quick Reply: More News from the ATA 366 fps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.