Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you have the year you wanted? >

Did you have the year you wanted?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you have the year you wanted?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Default RE: Did you have the year you wanted?

Since I have not yet killed a deer this season the answer is NO

I have two weekends left for this season to improve.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I missed the biggest buck I've ever seen while hunting, I had a great hunt in Alberta this year. I killed a small 9pt and saw rut activity likeI could only have dreamed of. My Pa season season has been one of the worst I've had in many years. I've only killed one yearling so far.Buck season ends tomorrow, butin my WMU we have until Jan 24th to take antlerless deer.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our season is still on so anything can happen. I've already taken three for the freezer . .two does and an okey buck. I'm not taking another unless it's a personal best. Not much of a trophy hunter tho as my goal is venison for the coming yr. All in all, any yr above ground is a good yr and am just thankful to have the opportunities I have and the blessings that come my way.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Yes and no. I shot at two deer and missed both. This being my first hunting season and using a bow I walked away with a lot of new knowledge about whitetails. So yes because I matured a lot as a hunter, but not because I did not down a deer. Oh well, they will just be that much bigger next year.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't even come close. Although I got a doe during bow season, I missed a 5 point on opening day. I didn't hunt much during gun because Igot laid off from my job right before Thanksgiving.I tried to hunt but I just wasn't into it. I had too many life issueson my mind and couldn't sit in my stand. Packed up my gear and went home. I found a job the first week of December....thank you God! By then I was working and had no time to finish the season. Oh well..there's next year. It was good to see my buddies though...as always we had a great time together.