Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow quivers

Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default bow quivers

i have a new diamond marquis can anyone suggest which bow quiver is better a one or two piece and also which model will suit and fit this bow???
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned

Default RE: bow quivers

I have had several including $100 ones and I really like the Alpine Bear Claw I just put on my 82nd.. $25 and all of the features I want in a quiver; removable, locks on, high arrow capacity, holds arrows firmly, makes no noise if I choose to shoot with it on, and super lightweight. Plus camo matched by new bow perfect
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on how you hunt. If you do most of your hunting from a treestand, you might be better off with a one piece removable quiver so you can take it off once you're up in the tree. If you like to do a lot of stalking, a two peice quiver may be the ticket. Also there are a lot of guys who spot and stalk that prefer a quiver that is mounted to a backpack like a cat quiver.

I personally like the one peice removable quiver. Depending on your budget, you can get a very good quality quiver from anywhere between 40-100 dollars. Some of the better ones are Octane, Fuse and Alpine. The Octane is very nice, but also very expensive.

I personally am using an Alpine right now. They are very well built and quiet. If I get a good deal on an Octane I may bite though.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a piece of advice for you, something I learned, The Alpine Bear Claw is great, but, it does not like dust! mine actually fell off my bow because of the dust.

I bought the tree limb quiver, and I love it!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMO the best quiver on the market is the Octane. If you like to detach you quiver once in a stand go for a 1 pc. if you leave your quiver on go for the 2 pc.

I have both and they have adjustability and quality like no other.

If you are on a budget check out the Alpine Soft Loc. It is a nice detachable 1 pc. quiver.

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

Here is my new quiver for turkey hunting...my detachable will stay at home as this hides my fletches and wraps.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Here is my new quiver for turkey hunting...my detachable will stay at home as this hides my fletches and wraps.

Don, If I'm hunting on the ground, especially stalking. I Love my Cat Quiver

Dan
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use an Alpine Soft-Loc 3 arrow on my Marquis and I love it.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the 6 arrow, 1 piecequiver from Bowtech (not the Octane)...$35. It does fine for me. I take it off while I'm in the tree. It's not as nice as the Octane I had but when it came down to it.......it's just a quiver!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Alpine Soft lock and like it.. Also really like the quick detach on the Mathews quivers.. I am using Octane right now and really like them but I took the magnets out. Very heavy with magnets but it's about average on weight with the foam insert. I have both the 1 and 2 piece and the 2 pc. fits a big more snug to the bow so I'd have to say I like it better..