Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Suggestions >

Arrow Suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Suggestions

Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Suggestions

Been thinking about trying a new arrow this year. For the past who knows how many years, I've been shooting Gold Tip Xt's. I have no complains at all with them as they've performed well for me. Just have the itch to try a different setup this year.

I've looked closely at the Easton Axis Nano's and also the Carbon Express Maxima Hunters. I've read where both of these companies produce a more consistantly spined arrow than Gold Tip, however I have no experience with this. I do know that a dozen GT's usually produce a couple of flyers that must be tuned out.

I just want to gather some suggestions from everyone on a new arrow configuration.

Let's hear it guys, what are your opinions on the above mentioned and anything else out there.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Arrow Suggestions

The last 3 years I have used Carbon Express Maximas, Maxima Hunters, and the CX Aramid shafts.

They are the best carbon shafts I have used.

Dan
Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 AM

try Beaman ICS Hunters there not to expensive and therelight enough to get the higher speed of your bow but still heavy enough to retain kenetic energy and there pretty strong i have never had a problem with them
Old 01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are looking for an arrow with a consistant spine on each arrow andacross each dozen then I would recommend the Carbon Tech Whitetail XP.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I am not speaking about arrows specifically, but just general observations. I usually find that if I have something that works and meets my needs without complaint and I get an "itch" to try something new, I end up dissappointed with the new and end up going back to the old familiar.

As far as arrows go, try and buy American-made arrows, if all things are equal. I think Easton's are American-made. In trying economic times like these, your fellow countrymen can use your support (if the price difference is not freaking rediculous).
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM

well I to have been a Gold Tip guy.

I bought the fancy 120 per 12 pro hunters, then I did speed and accuracy test to the chepo expedition hunters and there was no difference, and I was shooting looooong rang so it would have been noticed.

I have never shot anything but GT's, after smashing them in the dirt and ground then they still hold true I can't bring my self to switch.

I know you don't want to hear the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but ya did [8D] I have heard the Easton arrows are good, but the cabelas carbon hunters are the tops sellers, I would go there and check out the reviews

have a look
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...entId=cat21424
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM

I've used both the Easton Axis Nano and the CX Maxima and Aramid KV. I can definitely say that I'm not real keen on the slim tech internal insert on the Axis shafts. They tend to make the end of the shaft shatter on a heavy impact (both on the FMJ, A/C Superslim and Axis Nano) and you can't ever get them out again once they're glued in. I'd lean toward the CX shafts and if you can afford them (and don't lose arrows) I've been real impressed with the durability of the Aramid KV's.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

I've used both the Easton Axis Nano and the CX Maxima and Aramid KV. I can definitely say that I'm not real keen on the slim tech internal insert on the Axis shafts. They tend to make the end of the shaft shatter on a heavy impact (both on the FMJ, A/C Superslim and Axis Nano) and you can't ever get them out again once they're glued in. I'd lean toward the CX shafts and if you can afford them (and don't lose arrows) I've been real impressed with the durability of the Aramid KV's.
The Aramids have been flat awesome for me as well KA!

I am running a special on shafts for a while if anyone happens to be in the market.

Dan

Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

I switched to the Beeman ICS this year and will continue to use them. I would recommend trying them out.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've gone from Easton Axis to Victory Archery. I have not been disappointed at all. I really like the VForce shaft.

Quick Reply: Arrow Suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.