Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 can anyone relate >

can anyone relate

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

can anyone relate

Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Default can anyone relate

Well I've been shooting my new bow (target shooting) about 30 arrows a day (I am brand new to archery, this is my first bow). first few days were fine a little sore, but ok...

then last weekend, after shooting, my bicep on my draw arm was killing me bad..felt diff than a regular sore muscle..it's a sharp throbbing pain on the outside of the bicep...I stopped shooting all week..then today I shot ONE arrow, and it's back worse than ever..I cant do jack crap with my right arm now..hurts to even use it to open the fridge door!

I know we are not docs here..I am just wondering if this sounds like a sore muscle to you guys, or something more serious? I dont have insurance right now...so I dont want to go running into the doc needlesly..but this is really killing me...

with 12 oclock being straight up in the air towards the sky, I can get my arm front ways and sideways to about 3 oclock and thats it...

Is this normal for just starting to shoot? or does it sound like i've maybe pulled something? Sucks really really bad..I was having sooo much fun shooting, sooooo much fun...I cant stand the thought of not being able to shoot now!!!!!

anyone that had anything similiar please post?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can anyone relate

Thats not normal. I think you need to see a doc.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have real bad terrible tendonitis in my bow elbow. I would have never known if I didn't see a doc.

I'd start there.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:34 PM

thanks guys...yeah was afraid it wasn't just a normal sore muscle..sigh....I at first thought I was just over doing it...but gonna suck it up and go see the doc I guess :'(

I've only been shooting since xmas, and at 20 yards got my groups a tiny bit smaller than a softball...it has been such a great feeling seeing myself improve, this really sucks!!

thanks again
Old 01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take into consideration these things... and I'm definnatley no doctor... (I'm freaking out about a Tick bite right now.)

But when shooting a bow your using all sorts of muscles your not used to using... how physically in shape are you? How much are you pulling on your bow? Do you struggle to get the string back?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:39 PM

well my job consists of me sitting behind a computer all day (network admin) and I run for my excersise a few times a week, but as far as upper body, I'm ashamed to say I'm not in shape, a little flabby !! I'm pulling 60# and I can pull that back easily, it's not a struggle or anything..usually start to tire around shot 13 or 15 ..I begin to get sloppy then..

I still have a bottle of percocet left from surgery a year ago, and took one tonight, didn't even touch the pain..got some ice on it now...I was hoping so bad it was just a sore muscle...but it feels different ...I dunno

I see you are from VA buckmaster? me too...What part of the state? I am in the south east.. (Isle of wight)
Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scott, Whatever is wrong I hope you get it straightened out!

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 PM

thanks Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt be too concerned. Just ice it down/anti-inflammatories for the next couple of daysand then put heat on it before you shoot your bow again. I bet the pain will be gone in under 10 days. Just imagine many of us going out and running sprints every day for the next 3 days! Our hamstrings and insertion points on our muscles would be so sore we wouldn't even be able to walk....I promise you that what you are experiencing is no different. Take care and good luck!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 AM

i did some thing like that in my neck, reason for it was to much pounds i was trying to pull. never did it to my arm
hope you get better....then get right back at it

Quick Reply: can anyone relate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.