Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last day success... of a different kind! >

Last day success... of a different kind!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last day success... of a different kind!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Last day success... of a different kind!

Well I went out for the last day of our Wisconsin season. With an ice storm last night, the temps were supposed to be dropping into the single digits and windy all day! I thought is was gonna be good! I plan on going back to an area that I haven't been to for a few weeks. On my way to find a new tree to set up in along a small river crossing I look up the trail and see some movement, at first I'm thinking coyote, no, not a Coyote, a Deer, but is it getting eatin by a Coyote, no, it fell thru the Ice and is stuck and struggling in the water. I'm like now what, I take the stand off my back, nock an arrow and sneak over to the struggling deer trying to get out of the water, it can't. As I get closer I'm thinking I'm going to get to shoot a deer on the last hunt of the year. When I get with in 20 yards the deer stops and takes a rest, tries to get out again but can't get out from the icy water. I'm like this sucks, I go over to the bank and assess the situation, all the while the deer takes another rest. I'm like come big girl you can get out. Nope she is not gonna get out. Well I start to talk to her and try to get her fired up to free herself. I yell at her louder and she almost gets out but falls back into the water. As she gives it another go, I yell a little louder and this gets her a boost of energy, almost out, I yell some more and she just barley gets up the other side. She lays there for a second, gets up, looks at me, shakes off, looks at me again and then walks off! I could of shot her when she was in the water, when she got out and was looking at me from 5 yards but she just made it thru a life threatening struggle which would of been a painful death, I bid her goodbye and see ya next year! I think she will be fine, I know I do knowing she made it out! To me... it was a successful last deer hunt of the season helping the old girl out!! Good luck!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last day success... of a different kind!

great story congrats on the deer hunt man sounds like a good one, maybe she will return the favor next year and give you some meat in the freezer
Old 01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always say you don't have to kill anything to have a successful hunt. Just another example of this. Good job!!

She just might havea fawn that grows up to be your Booner.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a great story right there, sucks no pics, but in the heat of the moment who's gonna make it a kodak moment.

Ryan.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I always say you don't have to kill anything to have a successful hunt. Just another example of this. Good job!!

She just might a fawn that grows up to be your Booner.
Good point John!!

Just like I said on Trad Gang I think you did everything perfect!! Who says hunters don't have a heart??!! Allot of hunters I know have a heart that don't stop giving!!

Well done Joe!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Banned

Pretty cool.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

If a guy had to kill something to have a successful day hunting it would be pretty boring!

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

That was very cool, Joe!
Old 01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where's the video camera when you need one?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very Cool story.

Quick Reply: Last day success... of a different kind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.