Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics. >

Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Congrats on a great year. Charish the experience and do these things now while you can. When you get older time is at a premium...... Great journal.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Spike

You aint had a bad year at all trev.....maybe we can start out 09 right in the morning.

Now that "carp removal service" is gonna start costing.......lol
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Great year for vacations, hunting and fishing. What are planning in the future? With the experience you have at a young age and seemingly very mature maybe a future in the outdoors business?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, that's a mighty fine year you had TE. Heres hopeing you do top it this year, good hunting.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a season bro! Congrats!
From the looks of that second picture, you guys got into the mergansers that day
Old 01-04-2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone, each and every single one of you. Why I like this site. Seems like this is beginning to be the slow time of year again, this post is still on page one.

2009 is off to the right start it seems, first called in and disposed coyote. I have decided that before the season is over I am going to use the bow, they are coming in well within range for it, just need to carefully choose setups instead of plopping down just anywhere. Before turkey season kicks in, I will have one down with the bow.

1/4/09

Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck in 09 Trevor!! I'm sure there will be many seasons you accomplish some amazing things.

Just learn to enjoy them all.

I have hunted 40 plus seasons, and it's always Nice to have a year when you are really on a roll.

Good Job in 08!!

Dan
Old 01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Site Buck Guru

Keep up the good work! You are really bagging some game, bow and gun. Instead of trying to beat last season, I'd take each season as they came and hope for the best. That way you won't put too much pressure on yourself.

What kind of rifle did you get the coyote with?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good year T-rev.

I enjoyed the calls after the kills, even though I didn't understand a lick of them[:-]

Nice Yote...Female?
Old 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM

Savage 12bvss .22-250 throwing Hornady 55 grn Vmax. Sucker weighs like10 lbs, but has bench-shooting worthy accuracy, just not soo much in my hands. lol 50-60 yards....never in my life seen something drop as dead as that. not a twitch, hit the dirt hard. Frontal shot right dead center chest.

31# female Kyle. And the calls are just fine[:@], dang northerners.[8D]

Good advice Greg, sounds like possibly a learned experience? I will certainly just take em as they come and enjoy the ride, just like having goals set in stone to have something to shoot for.

On a side note, has anyone tried calling predators with bow with much success? I am going to give it a serious go here in a week or two. Just set up in thicker areas I guess so when the shot is presented, it will be close. Not sure how to approach it exactly...[&:]

Quick Reply: Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.