Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics. >

Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Default Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

2008 was a great year for me in all aspects of life....hunting especially. My life is lining up to play out just the way I want it to, which excites me. Bowhunting wise, it was a fun journey and am glad for all my success. So here is a LONG photo journal of my 2008 season.

January

starts with Duck hunting, a great time to goof off and kill some ducks at the same time. Get out with the friends and have some fun.

March

Started witha 4 day trip to Alabama mid March turkey hunting with Jarrod and my Dad. No birds fell, but great times were had camping in a shack on a 1000 acre pine plantation. The following weekend we 3 went to spend a 3 day trip in west TN turkey hunting....or watching the rain rather. Fun camping trips basically.

Home Sweet Home in Alabama. Should be making a return trip for 2009.

April-May

Turkey season back here in KY. Shot a gobbler third day with the scattergun, spent next 3 weeks trying with the bow. Missed a jake on day 5, no more shots with 10000000 close calls until season closed in May. Still a good success.

Brutal sun in eyes squint.[8D]

May- August

Summer found a LOT of bowfishing action, both day and night. Fixed my boat up right, and spent quite a deal of time on the water.

Fish Disposal Service in My Buddies truck.

July the family went to Gulf Shores Alabama for a vacation, and I drug my boat along to do some saltwater bowfishing while others were beaching it. Got into a few stingrays and sheephead, inbetween the constant rain. Terrible weather the whole week. Caught coolers full of crabs and sand trout, shot a few rays, and spent some time on the ocean...great memories.

The Biggest Ray.

Headin out 4-5 miles down the coast to check the crab pots.

2 of Hundreds....good eating.

August

Dad took me ona graduation trip to South Dakota so I could try my hand bowhunting Pronghorn with Routier's Outfitting. Great people great times. We spent 2 days just driving around and seeing all the things out there, Black Hills, Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower...beautiful country. Plan was to sit waterholes but a windy day or two had me stalking which is how I took mine. The mount should arrive on my porch monday or tuesday, I'll post pics when I get it in.
Story and photo journal can be had here.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2993740&mpage=1&key=success& #2993740

September-November

Deer season starts back here in KY. Didn't touch the gun this year just to prove to myself that I could do it, and it worked out nicely for me.

9-30-08 Doe Kill (first archery deer)

Then on the last day of a 16 day rifle season, killed my first archery buck on 11/23/08. Removed the Orange for the hero shots.

December

Tried to kill a turkey with the bow to cap off an amazing year, but no dice. One miss and one lost bird after a day of searching. Started back in Coyote and Duck hunting again to finish the year.

A lot of firsts, a lot of learned lessons, and a LOT of great memories. Not sure if it is possible, but I am hoping to top it with 2009. Best of luck for the upcoming year fellas. It is a cycle, you should enjoy every step of it.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Thats my kind of journal! When you get older lets hope you can keep the same schedule.....
Old 01-03-2009, 11:23 AM

Congrats on a great year! Hope '09 is just as good to you.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man that is awesome, keep it up. Lets put a shed or 2 in "09"s journal.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics and story, here's to a great 2009. COngrats on what seems like a dream year.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

Very cool!!! You are smart to carry a camera on these adventures...wish I had of all of my hunting career. I just got into it this year and regret not getting into photography until now.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome job Trev! You're the bomb.

Pm sent!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a year! Congrats! I was out west in June. I hit a deer with my car real near devils tower[:'(]. Some crazy guy was climbing the tower the day we were there. It was nasty windy and sleeting out! You could see him getting spun around by the wind.

Nice story and pics !
Old 01-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is truly awesome!!!

Congrats on an AWESOME season!!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Here's to an awesome '08 season, and an even better '09

Congrats on an excellent season.

Quick Reply: Is 2008 Beatable? Season of firsts...LOTS of Pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.