Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You're only as good as the property you're hunting.....?

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

That's also why I was thrilled with my Dec. NE Mule Deer buck. He was the best Buck on that 1,000 acres, and I was able to nail him.

Dan
So does that make you as good as the property you were hunting ? (dont take that in the wrong way..)

If a hunter is able to harvest the best buck on his land, does that make him as good as his property ?
If the hunter takes the best buck on his property every given year, then i would say yes, he is as good as his property. That being said, i doubt that anyone has taken theBEST buck that their land holds 2 or three years in a row.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is the best excuse out there for not getting it done.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, not best...

Most used. It is a cop out.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Personally, I think property has much less to do with what makes a good hunter than other factors.
I think the answer to my question is subjective.

It is really depending on what defines a "good" hunter.

But I guess this could even be attributed to harvesting doe, too. Amount of deer, size of land...Blah blah blah.
Everything about hunting is subjective. That is why there are so many pissing contests here .

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Bruce.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

deep
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're only as good as the property you're hunting.....?

I would rather say you can only ever be as good as the property you're hunting. That being said, Some (most) of the best hunters (inches wise) are capable hunters and exceptional at gaining access to good land. Most people are honing their hunting skills hoping to kill monster bucks. Where most are failing is they don't hone their access skills. This ain't rocket science guys! Some people are blessed with good land by birth rite. Some people spend great deals of money and time to have good hunting. Some people are skilled at gaining access to good land. To be "successful" nowdays you must add another dimension to your hunting - land access.

Here is something else to think about. If you spend $250,000 for land to hunt then stick tons of time and money to develope this land, that's a lot of money just to be able to have 8 # ofantler hanging on your wall. Before I would do that I would use that money to experience many other things that this world has to offer. (thats just my personal opinion) I have a good friend that pays around$4000 a year to hunt in Canada. That seems like a lot but compared to owning your own land it is actually cheap.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Site Buck Guru

This is nonsense!

It's all about the hunter and his skills. I consistently kill monster bucks in the center of a large, abandoned parking lot in the middle of the city, even if I have to call them in from miles away. I have a large grunt call.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

This is nonsense!

It's all about the hunter and his skills. I consistently kill monster bucks in the center of a large, abandoned parking lot in the middle of the city, even if I have to call them in from miles away. I have a large grunt call.
We all know about that secret call you have - and won't share with the rest of us

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.