HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Pope and Young disqualification?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/280630-pope-young-disqualification.html)

mahoningbuck 12-30-2008 06:07 PM

Pope and Young disqualification??

My brother in law and I have been talking lately about rules in the hunting world. We were discussing Pope and Young scoring DQ's or as they would like to refer to them as "*". Two really jumped out at me and I was some what shocked!!

1. If you shoot a compound bow the let off can not be greater than 60 percent, what gives? What is the deal with 60 percent when the majority of compound bow people have a let off of 80 percent. As it stands right now I think this is BS if it is true.
2. You can not use tracer nochs? This one I would of never thought about because I would not think of it is unethical. My brother in law was saying it "could" add in the recovery of the animal. So if the arrow does not pass threw and you watch the deer, in low light conditions, wonder off this would break the fair chase rule if found?

So are these two issues true? I think the tracer noch one is rediculous.....would you disclose the fact you used tracer nochs if you took a Pope and Young buck? Would you "stretch" the truth about your letoff?

buckeye 12-30-2008 06:19 PM

RE: Pope and Young disqualification??

You are allowed up to 80% let off to qualify for P&Y entry.

You are not allowed to use any battery powered device on your bow or arrow to qualify for P&Y.

HNI_Christine 12-30-2008 06:27 PM

66%-80%let-off gets the '*'.

No electronic device on the bow or arrow is allowed.

If I really wanted to put a buck in their book, I'd play by their rules.

rybohunter 12-30-2008 07:17 PM

Thier book, thier club, thier rules.

MNpurple 12-30-2008 07:27 PM

My record book isnt quiteas strict as P&Y's, in fact every buck I have ever taken has made my record book:D. You can join if you want.

mahoningbuck 12-30-2008 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

My record book isnt quiteas strict as P&Y's, in fact every buck I have ever taken has made my record book:D. You can join if you want.
You have a point there......perhaps we should come up with a Huntingnet.com scoring system? I have some ideas if you would like me to share?

CodyGuess 12-30-2008 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

thats right... u said it . every buck i kill goes in my record book.. i wanna join the club tho haha :D

Deleted User 12-30-2008 07:51 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

dave37 12-30-2008 08:18 PM

Excuse me .....hello - if i shoot a p&Y buck while it would be great to make (the cut) , if they dont like my 80% l/o and lumenok. i dont CARE - i just shot a freakin P&Y caliber deer !

CodyGuess 12-30-2008 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: dave37

Excuse me .....hello - if i shoot a p&Y buck while it would be great to make (the cut) , if they dont like my 80% l/o and lumenok. i dont CARE - i just shot a freakin P&Y caliber deer !

thats right.. same here. im gonna be tickled pink an i have been fortuante to take a py buck an was extremly happy.. hek im happy with my does