Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pope and Young disqualification?? >

Pope and Young disqualification??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pope and Young disqualification??

Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pope and Young disqualification??

ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: mahoningbuck

I've never put a tape measure on a deer except for the scales. I guess I won't get one in the book will I? LOL As some have said, they all go in my book the minute I shoot them. I don't even have to wait for a drying period.[8D]
davidmil......staying true to form and that is why I like you! You dont beat around the bush and tell it like it is. No one has asked me about what I think about getting in Pope and Young or Boone and Crocket for that matter.

Well since you have asked here goes......

I do like to know what a buck scores because any logical hunter can get an idea of what type of animal they harvested......purely for referrence. I find it odd to pay to have something in the "records" book. If my brother in law would not of taken the intiative to enter my buck, and pay for it, I would of never entered my buck. It was his gift for me this Christmas season and I thought it was a great gift. Would I do it........with about 95 percent confirmation I dont think I would go through the hassle because I dont have the drive to jump thru hoops.
What buck. I missed the thread or pictures and all that. Post him up for me.
Just for you......

Old 12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

If my brother in law would not of taken the intiative to enter my buck, and pay for it, I would of never entered my buck. It was his gift for me this Christmas season and I thought it was a great gift.
What did he officially come in at?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never put a tape measure on a deer except for the scales. I guess I won't get one in the book will I? LOL As some have said, they all go in my book the minute I shoot them. I don't even have to wait for a drying period.[8D]
davidmil......staying true to form and that is why I like you! You dont beat around the bush and tell it like it is. No one has asked me about what I think about getting in Pope and Young or Boone and Crocket for that matter.

Well since you have asked here goes......

I do like to know what a buck scores because any logical hunter can get an idea of what type of animal they harvested......purely for referrence. I find it odd to pay to have something in the "records" book. If my brother in law would not of taken the intiative to enter my buck, and pay for it, I would of never entered my buck. It was his gift for me this Christmas season and I thought it was a great gift. Would I do it........with about 95 percent confirmation I dont think I would go through the hassle because I dont have the drive to jump thru hoops.
What buck. I missed the thread or pictures and all that. Post him up for me.
Just for you......
That's a beautiful buck you killed! You should be quite proud.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

They wanted to charge Me to score the deer. I wasn't about to pay someone to score it when My Dad, or Ican do it for free. Nothing against P&Y. I think They are a good organization, but I just don't see the point. I like killing big bucks, but I'd prolly never go pay to get one scored. Thats not what I'm hunting for.
An official scorer for P&Y is forbidden to accept money for their service. If someone attempted to charge you, they were not affiliated with the Pope & Young club.
I've never paid a cent to get one scored. If someone tries to charge for scoring, they should be reported to the P&Y club.
The only time I believe you have to pay Is If you want It entered.
Maybe I misunderstood the guy. He said something about a 25$ fee. I thought He meant to score the deer. He might have meant to have it entered. So it could have been My mistake.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe I misunderstood the guy. He said something about a 25$ fee. I thought He meant to score the deer. He might have meant to have it entered. So it could have been My mistake.
You are correct here... It is a $25 recording fee if you choose to enterit.

I do a bit of hunting down in Coshocton. In the Wills Creek area.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Actually P&Y bumped up the price this year. It's now $35.00 to have a deer entered. Also,P&Y is offering a special that will get you a 1 year associate membership for an additional $15.00.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Would I do it........with about 95 percent confirmation I don't think I would go through the hassle because I don't have the drive to jump thru hoops.
Enlighten me on this hassle you speak of. Never has It been a hassle for me. It's actually quite fun and Interesting to talk with an official P&Y scorer. Them folks hear more story's and see more nice bucks because there doing the measuring. Some day I'd love to be a measurer just for that reason.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would I do it........with about 95 percent confirmation I don't think I would go through the hassle because I don't have the drive to jump thru hoops.
Enlighten me on this hassle you speak of. Never has It been a hassle for me. It's actually quite fun and Interesting to talk with an official P&Y scorer. Them folks hear more story's and see more nice bucks because there doing the measuring. Some day I'd love to be a measurer just for that reason.
Schultzy......lets just say it includes actually picking up a pen, completing the form, chucking a stamp on the envelop, making out a check, driving the the post office, and the getting it scored stuff. I AM A REAL GO GETTER..........
Old 01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Schultzy......lets just say it includes actually picking up a pen, completing the form, chucking a stamp on the envelop, making out a check, driving the the post office, and the getting it scored stuff. I AM A REAL GO GETTER..........
Lol!! Alrighty then!