HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pope and Young disqualification??
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
mahoningbuck
Nontypical Buck

Default Pope and Young disqualification??

My brother in law and I have been talking lately about rules in the hunting world. We were discussing Pope and Young scoring DQ's or as they would like to refer to them as "*". Two really jumped out at me and I was some what shocked!!

1. If you shoot a compound bow the let off can not be greater than 60 percent, what gives? What is the deal with 60 percent when the majority of compound bow people have a let off of 80 percent. As it stands right now I think this is BS if it is true.
2. You can not use tracer nochs? This one I would of never thought about because I would not think of it is unethical. My brother in law was saying it "could" add in the recovery of the animal. So if the arrow does not pass threw and you watch the deer, in low light conditions, wonder off this would break the fair chase rule if found?

So are these two issues true? I think the tracer noch one is rediculous.....would you disclose the fact you used tracer nochs if you took a Pope and Young buck? Would you "stretch" the truth about your letoff?