Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 08' Season...Success or not? >

08' Season...Success or not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

08' Season...Success or not?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 08' Season...Success or not?

Well for the first time in over a decade, I didnt bring home any antlers. However I got to watch my 13 yr old son smoke a nice 12 point with a smoke pole. That was incredable to say the least. I have tomorow and it is a year. Two doe this year but it isnt looking good for the antlers. I still say success.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 08' Season...Success or not?

Sounds like a success to me! Congrats to your son, its nice to see some youngsters out in the woods!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll admit I wasn't always this positive in terms of the outlook on my season this year, but I've come to realize it was a success even without bringing home antlers. I feel I hunted low impact all season long, and was much more smart about stand selection/rotation. I saw more deer this year than ever, and even had the biggest buck of my career within shooting distance. I ended the season healthy, and with plenty of time spent in the woods. I'm pretty fortunate, and to me, that is why I consider this season another success. It seems you realize that as well, and congrats to your son! I bet you are one proud dad.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 PM

Yep, if its possible i had the worst and the best year ever. after 4 1/2 yearsslingin arrows (2taking it moreserious) i was all over the deer this year. Problem was the scouting etc. apparently cut into my shot practice because i wounded several with no recovery[&o]. But on the up and up i would have never dreamed after 10 years of experience, seeing all the deer and being right on top of them all three places i hunt !

So heres to the Best/Worst year EVER
Old 12-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Depends on your definition of success I suppose..

For me a successful season is one in which I tag a buck that putsa smile on my face, and my ten pointer did that this year!

But, even if my season isn't succesful (based on my definition) it doesn't mean I didn't have one heck of a good time!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

TeeJay.....without a doubt that is success in my book. Must have been reallycool to be there with your son for that. Good luck with the last hours.[8D] I too am without antlers. Saw about 67 inches of them tonight, still looking for more.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Success can be measured in many ways, but the best satisfaction for me comes from putting down one of the Best Bucks in the area I am Bowhunting.

I got that feeling with my Muley Buck this year! So yeah my season was a success to me

Dan
Old 12-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I have to say success. 2does and a 118" 8 point. I did see fewer deer than normal but still a good year.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Unsuccessful for bowhunting thus far. I missed a 135-140" ten point in early October due to a stupid little 3/4" limb I didn't see. I haven't had an opportunity at any other mature deer. I still have a couple more sits though.

I hunted with a ML for the first time this year and took a big ole mature doe in MO. That was fun. So...successful there.

I went to IL for the firearms season for the first time this year as well (which is why I bought the ML). Didn't see any quality bucks over there. Very unsuccessful.

Quick Reply: 08' Season...Success or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.