HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/280129-hoyts-bowtechs-matthews-suck.html)

mossbergman11/OH 12-26-2008 08:30 PM

hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck

A friend of mine has a fred bear recurve bow from the 1980's? It cost him 100 dollars at the time and he has taken over 50 big game animals with it. He can shoot it up to 30 yards without a problem. He thinks that hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck becasue they are thousands of dollars and he says that "its the hunter that harvests the animal, not the equpiment" and that those companies are runining hunting. he has a couple vaalid points but how can i talk some sense into this guy? any opinoins?

early in 12-26-2008 08:32 PM

RE: hoyts, bowtechs, and matthews suck

With his track record, why even try?;):D

mossbergman11/OH 12-26-2008 08:39 PM

haha yeah he a good hunter with that dam recurve of his. he would be better with a hoyt or something or at least a nice compound:D

MichiganWhitetails74 12-26-2008 08:55 PM

Let him be...he's confident in his equipment and he's successful...

I just wonder how he will feel if a 170 class walks buy at 42 yards....

A topic for discussion now doubt.

rage2blade 12-26-2008 09:06 PM

Nothing sucks Mossburgmann!! Whatever you shoot the best with is what you want to shoot, no matter what the name of the bow is! They are all great bows!![8D]

kickin_buck 12-26-2008 09:25 PM

Your friends words are gospel!!!! The fact is, it is the man behind the bow, not the bow. However, your friend is showing the exact problem in the hunting world. The trad guys against the compound guys, the Bowtech guy against the Matthews guy and so on. The baiters against the non-baiters, the southern guys against the northern guys, the land leasers against the public land guys. We are so divided and cannot get along, just look how much arguing goes on in here.

Schultzy 12-26-2008 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

haha yeah he a good hunter with that dam recurve of his. he would be better with a hoyt or something or at least a nice compound:D
I am a recurve shooter/bow hunter myself and I know I could add another 7 to 8 P&Y bucks to my walls If I had the extra yardage one has with a compound. It doesn't mean I would be a better hunter though If I did shoot a compound and would get them 7 to 8 other P&Y bucks I eluded to. All It would show Is that I have a higher taxidermy bill and an empty check book.[8D]

BowHuntingFool 12-26-2008 09:44 PM

50 animals with a Recurve, I can only wish! More power to him!:)

MeanV2 12-26-2008 10:09 PM

It takes all kinds!

To each there own! No use arguing over something as trivial as choice of equipment, but I can tell you there is power in numbers and our numbers would be no where near what they are if it weren't for compounds!;)

Dan

kdsberman 12-26-2008 10:31 PM

He has committed a sin saying that.