Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 limit on b&c record books?? >

limit on b&c record books??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

limit on b&c record books??

Old 12-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default limit on b&c record books??

Is there a limit on the feet per second that your bow shoots to make the boon and crockett record books???
Old 12-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: limit on b&c record books??

ORIGINAL: patgrizzlyhunter

Is there a limit on the feet per second that your bow shoots to make the boon and crockett record books???
Boone and Crockett measure rifle kills, Pope and Young measure bow kills using the Boone and Crocket scoring system.

That said, I've never heard of a fps limitation. Good question and I await information from someone in the know.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Boone and Crockett measure rifle kills, Pope and Young measure bow kills using the Boone and Crocket scoring system.

That said, I've never heard of a fps limitation. Good question and I await information from someone in the know.
B&C measures the animal, not the hunter. You can find the rack, shoot it with a rifle, hit it with your truck, spear it, shoot it with your bow, and it can still count for B&C. Taken or kept legally, it is in the runnings for B&C.

No bow can hold a candle to rifle speeds, so the point is null in the first place. No, B&C doesn't care how fast your bow shoots, nor does P&Y so long as you keep it below 65% letoff, or else you are set off with an astrik. P&Y is more stringent, no electronics on bow or arrow (lighted nocks disqualify you), preferred under 65% letoff, they have a few more rules. Private club, their rules to decide.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just looked thru the rules in my book. No menion of any FPS limits.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

B&C measures the animal, not the hunter. You can find the rack, shoot it with a rifle, hit it with your truck, spear it, shoot it with your bow, and it can still count for B&C. Taken or kept legally, it is in the runnings for B&C.

No bow can hold a candle to rifle speeds, so the point is null in the first place. No, B&C doesn't care how fast your bow shoots, nor does P&Y so long as you keep it below 65% letoff, or else you are set off with an astrik. P&Y is more stringent, no electronics on bow or arrow (lighted nocks disqualify you), preferred under 65% letoff, they have a few more rules. Private club, their rules to decide.
Splitting hairs, I wasn't being specific but clarifying. Thanks for making it even more clear. But, I never said it measures the hunter, I said it measures rifle kills.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both books will accept bow kills and there are no FPS requirements.