Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another poll...

Old 04-08-2003, 07:47 PM

Default another poll...

i know this is a bow hunting forum but....how many people do u think that have killed a deer with a gun..has actully killed a deer with a bow..im thinking like 10 - 15% of all hunters?

whatchall think?
Old 04-08-2003, 08:13 PM

Default RE: another poll...

I think that number would be a little higher. I would say around 45%.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:35 PM

I know that where I work, out of 50 Firemen probably 20 deer hunt but only about 4 bow hunt. I really can' t put a percentage on it but I am sure that there are a heck of alot gun hunters that don' t even think of bow hunting.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with the above post. I think the number of gun hunters that actually bow hunt is rather low. I think the number of successful gun hunters that are also successful bowhunters is even lower.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:43 AM

I hunt both methods. Archery season opens up on the 28th of Sept and firearm season opens in early November. In fact that' s why I took up archery in the first place. More time in the field.

If I had to guess nationally, I' d say the number of hunters who use both is around 25-30%

Old 04-09-2003, 08:52 AM

I know everybody in my family and many friends in the area are pretty close to what you would call rednecks.

We take up every type of hunting and fishing. Personally I hunt almost every day of every season. All the vacation days get saved for the spring and fall. I try my best to get out a lot. At the beginneing of the season I pass up most everything just because I dont want it to end early. Sometimes this ends up coming back to kick me...

Beacuse of this, I' d say at least around here most people are quite succesful with both forms of harvesting game. Nationwide, however, I would agree it is probably quite a lot lower with a bow.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:15 AM

My early hunting years were rifle only and now I would hunt bow only. I have been successful with both. If I have an unused tag after bow season I don' t hesitate to pick up the rifle again.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My guesses based on observation
People who have both gun and bow hunted about 30%
People who have shot a deer with both about 25%
People who hunt with both but have killed more deer with a bow than a gun <5%