Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Done being lazy

Old 12-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Done being lazy

New years resolution: next year i am going all out to be as scent free as possible making sure i never wear my hunting gear outside of the stand, always taking scent free showers and spraying down, and also, im done hunting stands that we have put up 3 months before we hunt it, im gettin a climber for christmas and i plan to use that at least 75% of the time.... Im hoping that this change will let some giant walk right by me

what are you going to change to help you be moresuccessful next year?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Done being lazy

I might get beat up for this but...

I'm actually going in the opposite direction, but not too far tho. I was all out scent free regimen this year. I still got busted when the wind wasn't perfect. I've since resigned myself to the fact that I just can't ever beat a deer's nose. I will not wear my hunting clothes outside of hunting of course. I will also not hunt in sweat or gasoline soaked clothes. Above all, I will not take the amount of scent control measures I have this passed year. I'll just make sure not to hunt any stand unless the wind is perfect and pay close attention to my boots.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to hang all of my stands early then hunt somewhere else.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Scent control really is an all or nothing proposition. If you overlook even the smallest detail it can cost you.

If you don't plan on going all out, you really might as well just hunt the wind and not worry about it. Many think scent control can not be accomplished, but that's only because they have never done it to the Max.

I will be the first to admit it is work during a long season, but it can be a huge advantage.

Plus I always hunt withthe wind to my advantageregardless!!

Dan