Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Number of tags

Old 12-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Spike

Default Number of tags

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this question, but hereI go.

I have notice alot of people shoot multiple deer during the season. Does each state offer up unlimited tags per hunter, or is it a set number of multiple tags? I know that each State most likely set there own limits but just interested.

Here in Canada it is tends to be one tag per person. You can enter into a "controled" hunt but that is no garentee of an extra tag. Some areas have multiple tags but they are no where near me.

I am also able to Hunt in BC as i never change my address an stilluse the in-laws, so don't tell the MNR.This allows me get a moose hunt in every year.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Number of tags

Here in Illinois, archery tags are virtually unlimited statewide and you can usually get 2 or 3 gun tags depending on the areas that you want to hunt. There is a limit of 2 bucks per season no matter what tag is used. So if you kill 2 bucks during bow season and have an "either sex" tag for gun season it must be used for a doe or buck with less than 3" antler.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fudd,

In PA, we get a tag with our license purchase. It's good for a antlered deer during archery or rifle season. It's also good for an antlerless deer during our flintlock muzzleloader season with purchase of a muzzleloader stamp.

We then can purchase antlerless tags. At times, we can pick up multiple antlerless tags.

Me, I took a buck with my antlered tag during archery season, I also took a doe with my antlerless tag I purchased in archery season. I also have an additional antlerless tag for another doe management area here in PA.

With that, I also purchased licenses and tags for IL and NC where I tagged a buck with a bow in IL. That's 3 deer for me and yet I hope to fill my antlerless tag for lower PA that I still have.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even here in MA they let us tag two bucks and depending where you are they give out just a few or unlimited doe tags.

I thinkin a one buck state "some" guys are more selective. I have trouble fighting the mentality that I will shoot this little six now and save my second tag formy next deer.

The problem is you don't see a better deer and have taken a deer that would have only improved.

Not that it might not happen again. sigh..........
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Between both gun and bow season you get 2 bucks total here in Iowa. If you want to hunt with a bow for both bucks, you can choose the late muzzleloader tag as the gun choice which allows a bow to be used after both shotgun seasons are over. An additional either sex tag is also available to landowners.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Fudd,

In PA, we get a tag with our license purchase. It's good for a antlered deer during archery or rifle season.
Yes, butyou also have topurchase an archery stamp.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

in the zone that i live in in ohio is 4 does or 3 does and a buck
Old 12-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

In MN it depends on where you are. Two areas that I hunt in, less than 10 miles apart. One you could take 7 deer (only 1 buck). The other is 1 buck only. Where I live is 5 across the road is 2.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

In s. NY state, we get 1 archery/ML antlerless, 1 archery/ML either sex, 1 regular(gun) season buck, and most years 2 doe management tags(DMP),+ were allowed up to 2 sign over doe(DMP)= up to 7 tags.

Quick Reply: Number of tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.