Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Number of tags

Old 12-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Number of tags

Here in KS, we are allowed 1 Either Sex tag and 5 antlerless tags....
Old 12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

In Virginia you get 6 deer tags, three of which can be bucks and 3 which can be Antlerless only. You can also purchase as many antlerless tags over the counter as you want, meaning you can shoot as many does as you want. County regulations depict when you can shoot them. some counties you can shoot does 6months a year and others you get 3 does day a year. Just depends. Also, with your license you get 1 bear tag and three turkey tags(1 of which can only be used in the spring gobbler season). To hunt with a bow or a muzzleloader you must by an archery stamp or muzzleloader stamp or both.

Where i used to live in California it was all done by draw and it was one and done.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Spike

I wish they would do that here in Ontario, Oh well I can keep dreaming.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Indiana has a one-buck rule for all seasons each year. Doe (antlerless) tags are available over the counter with a set quota for each county. Some counties offer up to 8 opportunities for antlerless deer. An antlerless deer is any deer without antlers or one with antlers less than than 3 inches. Theoretically, you could take over 300 deer if you bought enough tags and hunted the right counties.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

In MN it depends on where you are. Two areas that I hunt in, less than 10 miles apart. One you could take 7 deer (only 1 buck). The other is 1 buck only. Where I live is 5 across the road is 2.
Lucky ****!! I only get one tag In my area of Mn.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

In Indiana its one buck tag and the Doe tags are regulated county to county. I think mine is 4, If i went county to county and got the quota, id have around 100 Does
Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

here in florida you can kill 2 bucks a day from the first of oct till the end of february. we have a month of bow that you can kill does and 1 week of gun...............tony
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

in eastern nc we get 6 tags on our big game harvest report card. 2 bucks, 2 does, 2 hunter's choice, and if you go to wal-mart you can get unlimited doe tags. and we get a bear a year and a turkey.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

in MD
with bow 10 does and 2 bucks in certin county's you can kill unlimited doe with bow
muzz 10 does 2 bucks
gun 10 does 2 bucks
If you kill a buck you must harvest 2 does before you can take another buck and you must buy a bonus buck stamp
Old 12-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Spike

in mo you can get two bucks and two turckeywith bow $19.00unlimited does $7.00 each. rifle on any deer tag $17.00 and unlimited doe $7.00 each. the group i hunt with (3) we taged 3 bucks and 17 does this year in all (older family members buy tags for us to fill for them)so far and my son still as youth season to go.

Quick Reply: Number of tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.