Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows? >

Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Old 04-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

To further add to the discussion about outlawing compound bows.....What would you do if both compound bows and stickbows were outlawed during archery season and the only alternative was to use a crossbow? Would you still hunt in archery season?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:10 PM

Default RE: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Yep, The MightyMite would be out in the woods with me

Seriosuly though, if compounds and stickbows were outlawed for what I feel is an un-just reason, I would still take my BowTech MightyMite. Granted, I would only hunt my property, but hey, thats fine with me. I bet that a BUNCH of guys would be out in the woods with their bows.

Some people will argue that I would be " breaking the law" and breaking the law is " un-ethical" . But, how is it any difference between it being legal and not????

This is kinda like a wounded deer situation where you don' t have a tag, do you shoot it because it is the right thing to do, or you let it go on suffering because it is the " legal" thing to do.

So, to answer the question, yes, I would still hunt with my compound and not even care about it at all.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:15 PM

Nope. Crossbows suck.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-08-2003, 12:27 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

" What would you do if both compound bows and stickbows were outlawed during archery season and the only alternative was to use a crossbow? Would you still hunt in archery season?"
You can' t hunt in a season that doesn' t exist. And no, I wouldn' t hunt in Crossgun season. [X(]
Old 04-08-2003, 12:36 PM

JRW got ya Frank. Was that supposed to be one of those zen type questions or did you just miss word it. If a bear shi^%s in the woods and theres nobody around, does it still smell. That one still confuses me. I mean, the bear would still smell it, but do you include the bear. I just dont know. Seems like theres many answers there grashopper. This is all way to deep for homey. Im gonna grab a beer and a lawn chair and set in the yard and watch the grass grow. Way to many deep thinkers here.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not to argue the point but a crossbow is called a crossbow because it is part bow and therefore could be considered a piece of archery equipment. For argument' s sake lets use that presumption. This was not intended to be a thread to debate the use of crossbows in general but rather to determine if a person would use them if they were the only option during the bow season. If you choose not to accept that presumption then that is your choice.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

open mouth, insert foot....[>:]
Old 04-08-2003, 01:47 PM

I understood the question. Just having some fun with it. If I havent given this highly important question my full attention, please forgive me. Carry on.

Lil hunter, no wonder your feet get cold and your knees are bad. Its open shoe insert foot. You Alaskans.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would go Deer Hunting no matter what Instrument I had to use including a SNARE Drum.

Quick Reply: Outlawed Compounds And Stickbows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.