Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb >

Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Old 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Modifications? Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Sorry guys, just needed to ressurect this thread for a question. What is the difference in the old Cam-loks for the traction belts and the new Cam-loks? The ones on mine seem to be pretty dang stiff. Are the new ones easier on the fingers?

Thanks, LT
Stiff is good in this instance. If there isn't already, get some thin rope and tie it in a loop to the cam levers.... This will give you the leverage to easily pull the cam levers out.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

The older ones are MUCH stiffer and harder to close. I simply took mine off and filed the edge (making it a bit more rounded over)that goes into the traction belt just a tad. Like I said though,just a little bit and it makes a world of difference. If you can compare the new one's to the older one's youll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stiff is good in this instance. If there isn't already, get some thin rope and tie it in a loop to the cam levers.... This will give you the leverage to easily pull the cam levers out.
Yeah, I agree to an extent, but when it gets cold out I am having a heck of a time being quiet doing this. That cam will pinch the stuff out of you.[]

I think just for safety though, I will order the new ones. Thanks for the input guys.

LT
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry guys, just needed to ressurect this thread for a question. What is the difference in the old Cam-loks for the traction belts and the new Cam-loks? The ones on mine seem to be pretty dang stiff. Are the new ones easier on the fingers?

Thanks, LT
Being I bought an older S&C a couple months ago the first thing I did was order the new cams from Lone Wolf. Got them in 3 days. Much easier to use and the newer cams have holes in them to install the included cords. Haven't installed the cords yet. I also did exactly as GMMAT instructed and tried adjusting the platform as I climbed up........it works easily and great. Don't know why I didn't try it a few years ago when I had another S&C.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coug, that is kinda what I was getting at. I have already used the method Jeff suggested twice. It works rather well, but with the stiff cams, well, let's just say I got unhappy real quick.[:@]

LT