Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Success = Controversy >

Success = Controversy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Success = Controversy

Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Success = Controversy

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

So my question is. How many of you have ever dealt with or deal with this type of thing and how do you react to people's accusations?
This is easy........... if you don't want to hear this kind of talk, just punch them in the face! [:-]

You will most likely not hear this kind of talk anymore because they will now talk behind your back, but at least you won't have to hear it!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only place I ever run into controversy is here on HNI, which is sad.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I got it a little bit a couple years ago, but nothing since then that I know of.

BTW lets see those mounts
Scott, was that back when you were killing bucks?

[8D]
I owed you one, Mr "I cry foul play!!"
Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I’ve not personally experienced any of those problems you describe. I wish I shot enough big bucks on a consistent basis to be called a jack lighter.

My observations from PA are that jacklighting & poaching big bucks is a common enough practice that it is easy to see how a legitimately successful guy could be looked at suspiciously. Also consider that your average PA hunter is a complete moron, in most places big bucks are few to none and said moron hunter couldn’t find a buck older than 2.5 if he was dumped on a property with 50 of them. So if someone does kill big bucks consistently they HAVE to be cheating, because the accuser can’t comprehend being that good of a hunter, and the only way he knows how bucks of that size are killed is by jacklighting.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

So my question is. How many of you have ever dealt with or deal with this type of thing and how do you react to people's accusations?
This is easy........... if you don't want to hear this kind of talk, just punch them in the face! [:-]

You will most likely not hear this kind of talk anymore because they will now talk behind your back, but at least you won't have to hear it!

Ya know.....I LIKE that approach.....concise and to the point!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

I think they are too busy talkin about my poor choice in wives than my bowhunting success[8D][8D]
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I got it a little bit a couple years ago, but nothing since then that I know of.

BTW lets see those mounts
Scott, was that back when you were killing bucks?

[8D]
I owed you one, Mr "I cry foul play!!"
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccch hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM
bigcountry

I can't say I have any contraversy. I hunt the deer, I kill the deer, I drag out the deer, check it in, I butcher the deer, and take the cape to my taxidermist (along with antlers of course). I dont' make a big fuss when I kill a decent trophy. I call a friend or 3, send them an email. No one accuses me of anything. If my taxidermist did, I would change taxis

Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

MM...I think it all goes back to Jealousy. This thread should be titled Success = Jealousy.

I don't know why people care so much about what other people kill, how they killed it, where they killed it, etc. Amazes me. I mean look at some of the threads on here....its amazing how ugly they get, and usually over nothing substantial, mostly big ego's....and lord knows we have some of them here. Its no different out in the real world...and its probably never gonna change. Sad.

Quick Reply: Success = Controversy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.