Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting through brush...

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

How do you feel about shooting through brush, small limbs, briars and so on ?
Simple, don't do it.
That pretty much should be the end of this thread.

Don't Do It.
Absolutely right, Burnie ... I am not sure why this question would be even asked???......scary .....
Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

my opinion. u have no no business shooting through brush with an arrow.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Made this mistake and missed an eight point two years ago...I was hunting from the ground on a well used trail leading through some thick stuff. Had this guy walk right up to me, I mean you would have thought I was in a petting zoo no more than ten yards away the problem was he was behind some brush, even touching it if you will, I had already drawn and he stopped and looked right at me for like seemed like forever he finally turned broadside not being able to hold the bow back anymore I tried to find an opening and released...

Long story short the arrow did deflect and I learned a very valuable lesson...Don't Shoot Through Brush!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ive done it.....TARGET shooting. just to see the effects.

long story short, try it...youd be suprised. even tinnnny twigs can throw your arrow off a good ways...and ive done it with my target directly behind the twig...changes the angle and POI QUICKLY....

i wouldnt recommend shooting through anything with a live animal being the target.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 AM

I'm surprised that this is even a thread.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not a chance, I would rather let the deer walk..

That small bush may not deflect an arrow but what happens when the head hits a branch the size of my little finger? How much KE is lost? How much penetration is lost? What happens to that deer when you get 2" of penetration because the bush absorbed all the KE and killed all the momentum?
That's not really all to worry about. I took a shot once down an old road. There was a clearing with a big doe graising in it. A small branch had hung down slightly giving what I thought was a slight chance to bothering any thing. Once I let the arrow fly it nicked the branch. I do not think it bothered any for as far as KE went but it did cause the deer to jump. Fortunately the branch was just far enough away so the deer jumping straight up cleared the arrow. Now had it been closer and I struck the deer with the arrow. It would have been a bad hit and would of required alot of hard work tracking to recover it. I wouldn't had preffered that. So there is alot more to concider when shooting through any kind of branches.

The best advice is simply don't do it..
Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Why ?

I wanted to know everyones feelings on the matter, so I asked...I dont see an issue with it.
Do you honestly think that you might find someone who wouldn't think you would have to be a total moron to do that???

Give me a break.....
Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Why ?

I wanted to know everyones feelings on the matter, so I asked...I dont see an issue with it.
Because the answer is so obvious I was just surprised the question was even asked. I'm not busting your stones.If it helps some newbie, I'm all for it but I am a little surprised a guy like you who isn'tgreen would pose it.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.