Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wrist release or hand release >

Wrist release or hand release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wrist release or hand release

Old 12-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Spike

Default RE: Wrist release or hand release

I have used a caliper release since the very first time I picked up a bow. I do believe that you can pick up bad habits with these styles of releases but through certain practice techniques, you can overcome them.About 2 years agoI struggled with target panic and read books, magazines, internet articles on ways to overcome this problem. I have played around with other releases but just don't feel comfortable enough to use them in the woods. I believe you should use whatever you are comfortable with.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

After using a Stanisloskiback tension release, a thumb release and a wrist release, I stick with the wrist strap style trigger release.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

I use a Scott Goose strap release, I adjust it where I canwrap most of my index finger over it and use back tension to release.

I have a Scott Stingray, which is a handheld and looks like a thumb release but you still trigger it with your index finger. I gave it to my wife b/c with it the bow string no longertouched my nose and I didn't like that. It's sweet little release although you don't see 'em for sale much, must be discontinued.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a hand release because I can pull back more weight with one for some reason