Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why did I wait?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why did I wait?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I'm going to have to go that route myself I'm afraid. Right now, I'm using a verifying lens in my peep, works on the pins but blurs the target slightly. I have to do something. Now I need inspiration too.[&:]
Heck, you probably need bi-focals!!!

I wish I could wear contacts, but I can't get them in my eyes to save my life. If I could, it would help me significantly, as I'm constantly looking around, because I can't hear well enough (45% hearing loss) to feel like I'm gonna catch them coming in 100% of the time. I also hunt STANDING ALL of the time while on stand because I've been burnt a few times when I wasn't.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

I have worn contacts for over 25 years....the new disposeable are awesome...very easy to use and no fogging up or issues. You can handle anyy amount of wind that a non contact wearer can. It hit me this year that I am needing reading glasses to read with while my contacts are in, so it's back to glasses when on the computer, texting, or eading a GPS.[:@] They have new bifocal contacts out and I posted a thread yesterday and got no response. They r quite new and I am sure people just don't know about them. Greg, glad to see you have discoverd the freedom of contacts..those of you that say they don't work, need to try again..the disposeables you wear for 2 weeks(I wear mine for 2 months) are awesome. I stay away from the kind you sleep in though. An eye infection waiting imo. I take mine out every night and pop them in in the am..easy as pie.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I have worn contacts for over 25 years....the new disposeable are awesome...very easy to use and no fogging up or issues. You can handle anyy amount of wind that a non contact wearer can. It hit me this year that I am needing reading glasses to read with while my contacts are in, so it's back to glasses when on the computer, texting, or eading a GPS.[:@] They have new bifocal contacts out and I posted a thread yesterday and got no response. They r quite new and I am sure people just don't know about them. Greg, glad to see you have discoverd the freedom of contacts..those of you that say they don't work, need to try again..the disposeables you wear for 2 weeks(I wear mine for 2 months) are awesome. I stay away from the kind you sleep in though. An eye infection waiting imo. I take mine out every night and pop them in in the am..easy as pie.
Well, I haven't gotten to the easy as pie part yet. I struggle a bit but its only been 2 days.
What amazes me the most is the clarity of my distance vision. I walked in my woods yesterday getting an idea of what trees need to be removed,(I'm making a horse pen), and I could just see small branches and twigs so clearly. This will without a doubt make me better able to determine if I have a shot from a stand. Being able to see the small stuff could make a big difference!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I need to quit being a wuss and get contacts vs glasses. I have noticed my shooting ability is much different that pre-glasses years.