HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   GMMAT by the Numbers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278552-gmmat-numbers.html)

bigcountry 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

RE: GMMAT by the Numbers

ORIGINAL: Germ

In just 3-4 years of hunting Jeff has killed

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

All with a bow, some my not agree with him, he is stubborn, but you can not argue with those numbers.

That is plain impressive IMO;) Just think if he got Pass thrus's[8D]
Those numbers are not that uncommon is it? I and most friends have got those numbers without the does of course.

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

I also think HCH has had a good year[8D]

My year sucked...no Boone and Crocket Bowkill...I am goin to pout all day. No fall turkey tags filled either...i have 2 in my pocket.

Did I tell you I got all pass thrus though??

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

LOL...Germ I didn't peg you for a sack rider ;)

I did;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-15-2008 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

All with a bow, some my not agree with him, he is stubborn, but you can not argue with those numbers.

Those numbers are not that uncommon is it? I and most friends have got those numbers without the does of course.
The only uncommon part is it's his first 4 years of hunting.

Many of us have had that in our last 4 years but not many in our very first 4 years.

And hell yeah location counts, PA doesn't afford that many tags for that accomplishment as many other states do not as well.

Same 4 mature bucks would have additional inches on their heads depending on location as well but that's another debate now isn't it? :D

And, like him or hate him, keep it clean. ;)

Germ 12-15-2008 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

LOL...Germ I didn't peg you for a sack rider ;)

Don't forget about 20,000 posts in 3yrs too :eek::eek::eek:

damn that hurt:D

maybe this is a polite way of telling Jeff to shut the hell up and be happy;)

bigcountry 12-15-2008 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

The only uncommon part is it's his first 4 years of hunting.

Many of us have had that in our last 4 years but not many in our very first 4 years.

And hell yeah location counts, PA doesn't afford that many tags for that accomplishment as many other states do not as well.

Same 4 mature bucks would have additional inches on their heads depending on location as well but that's another debate now isn't it? :D

And, like him or hate him, keep it clean. ;)
Depends on where a person hunts really. I know of some hard chargin youngins hitting public land with 5-8 people stomping thru 200 acres every day of the rut, getting the job done. You take those same 16 year olds with the desire they have and put them on a private 100 acres or more, no telling what they can do with todays modern equipment.

I would bet most of us on this page even does not have access to a bunch of land. Lots of reasons for it.But its the way it is. I have to pay 1800 dollars for private land myself. Most people can't afford that. I don't know will next year myself.

GregH 12-15-2008 08:46 AM

I will say, the hunting done by Jeff is impressive to say the least, especially in the short amount of time he's been at it.

Salute.

Vabowman 12-15-2008 08:50 AM

he has certainly done well in those 4 yrs....my first 4 yrs were hard....granted I was 14-18 yrs old, but nonetheless, he has proven to be a good hunter, no matter how ya cut it, kills are kills and he has them.

Schultzy 12-15-2008 08:58 AM

You've done well Jeff! You've got drive, that's what It takes!! Keep It up.;)

fletch920 12-15-2008 09:22 AM

If I order my kids some GMMAT caps and T-shirts today will they still be here in time for Christmas??.:D:D:D

GMMAT, go get some fixed blades and continue your assault on the local deer herd.