HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   GMMAT by the Numbers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/278552-gmmat-numbers.html)

Germ 12-15-2008 07:32 AM

GMMAT by the Numbers

In just 3-4 years of hunting Jeff has killed

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

All with a bow, some my not agree with him, he is stubborn, but you can not argue with those numbers.

That is plain impressive IMO;) Just think if he got Pass thrus's[8D]

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 07:42 AM

RE: GMMAT by the Numbers

yea, but it's all about location..where I hunt sux but I could do it if I lived where he does....he is probably a poacher and cheats...yea..his wife is hot too but she is with him for $$,

Just thought I'd throw out all of the answers that jealous people are thinkin':eek:

BTW, congrats Jeff, especially good 4 for being new at bowhuntin

moose1915 12-15-2008 07:45 AM

does everyone need to blow this guy daily?

jackflap 12-15-2008 07:47 AM

Interesting you have such detailed info on someone who lives half a country away from you. You're not the same guy thats been stalking that lady from American Idol are you?:eek:

Muliefever 12-15-2008 07:48 AM

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.

Germ 12-15-2008 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

I am with Moose on this one!! Give it a F***** Break!

He has been very fortunate, we all know. But damn! Enough is enough!
Dude relax, I just think pretty cool

I also think HCH has had a good year[8D]

WV Hunter 12-15-2008 07:57 AM

LOL...Germ I didn't peg you for a sack rider ;)

Don't forget about 20,000 posts in 3yrs too :eek::eek::eek:

MC Bowhunter 12-15-2008 08:01 AM

Any bets on how many pages this one will end up being?...LOL

Darrall

Planter 12-15-2008 08:04 AM

Not only has he proven to be very effective in the woods he has also accumulated a phenomenal number of posts. It shows an almost stunning level ofcommitment.

The math is beyond me but just imagine if each post of his 19k averaged 5 minutes. That has to figure out to bemonths and months of non-stop typing and most of his posts and threads have substance.

When he's done posting he goes out and kills something.

RockinChair 12-15-2008 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Planter

Not only has he proven to be very effective in the woods he has also accumulated a phenomenal number of posts. It shows an almost stunning level ofcommitment.

The math is beyond me but just imagine if each post of his 19k averaged 5 minutes. That has to figure out to bemonths and months of non-stop typing and most of his posts and threads have substance.

When he's done posting he goes out and kills something.
Again- I'm appalled by the fact that you guys think the number of posts are indicative of your hunting knowledge, IQ, information, etc. That's for a lack of better words just stupid.

You do have to give GMMAT credit, his posts have depth. There are some members who have about 5000 posts over a years time and all they contribute are posts like "Good job" "Nice deer" "Good luck" "I think you are right" Kinda makes you wonder why they even post? But Gmmat's posts are loooooong, usually have some substance (we are all guilty of just throwing posts out there) and contribute to the betterment of the site. My only glitch with they guy is that he obviously has too much time on his hands.[8D]

bigcountry 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

All with a bow, some my not agree with him, he is stubborn, but you can not argue with those numbers.

Those numbers are not that uncommon is it? I and most friends have got those numbers without the does of course.

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

I also think HCH has had a good year[8D]

My year sucked...no Boone and Crocket Bowkill...I am goin to pout all day. No fall turkey tags filled either...i have 2 in my pocket.

Did I tell you I got all pass thrus though??

hardcorehunter 12-15-2008 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I did;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-15-2008 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

Those numbers are not that uncommon is it? I and most friends have got those numbers without the does of course.
The only uncommon part is it's his first 4 years of hunting.

Many of us have had that in our last 4 years but not many in our very first 4 years.

And hell yeah location counts, PA doesn't afford that many tags for that accomplishment as many other states do not as well.

Same 4 mature bucks would have additional inches on their heads depending on location as well but that's another debate now isn't it? :D

And, like him or hate him, keep it clean. ;)

Germ 12-15-2008 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Don't forget about 20,000 posts in 3yrs too :eek::eek::eek:

damn that hurt:D

maybe this is a polite way of telling Jeff to shut the hell up and be happy;)

bigcountry 12-15-2008 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

The only uncommon part is it's his first 4 years of hunting.

Many of us have had that in our last 4 years but not many in our very first 4 years.

And hell yeah location counts, PA doesn't afford that many tags for that accomplishment as many other states do not as well.

Same 4 mature bucks would have additional inches on their heads depending on location as well but that's another debate now isn't it? :D

And, like him or hate him, keep it clean. ;)
Depends on where a person hunts really. I know of some hard chargin youngins hitting public land with 5-8 people stomping thru 200 acres every day of the rut, getting the job done. You take those same 16 year olds with the desire they have and put them on a private 100 acres or more, no telling what they can do with todays modern equipment.

I would bet most of us on this page even does not have access to a bunch of land. Lots of reasons for it.But its the way it is. I have to pay 1800 dollars for private land myself. Most people can't afford that. I don't know will next year myself.

GregH 12-15-2008 08:46 AM

I will say, the hunting done by Jeff is impressive to say the least, especially in the short amount of time he's been at it.

Salute.

Vabowman 12-15-2008 08:50 AM

he has certainly done well in those 4 yrs....my first 4 yrs were hard....granted I was 14-18 yrs old, but nonetheless, he has proven to be a good hunter, no matter how ya cut it, kills are kills and he has them.

Schultzy 12-15-2008 08:58 AM

You've done well Jeff! You've got drive, that's what It takes!! Keep It up.;)

fletch920 12-15-2008 09:22 AM

If I order my kids some GMMAT caps and T-shirts today will they still be here in time for Christmas??.:D:D:D

GMMAT, go get some fixed blades and continue your assault on the local deer herd.

HuntingBry 12-15-2008 09:48 AM

What is missing from Germ's number and is one of the things that I am most impressed with and feel is a great contributor to Jeff's success is the number of sits he has every year and the number of different stand set ups he uses.

With the number of hours he spends afield and the number of posts he has I wonder if he doesn't take his laptop hunting with him sometimes.[8D]

Vabowman 12-15-2008 10:02 AM

I can log on here at 2 am and see Jeff logged in, don't know if he is actually in front of the screen, but he is logged on..;)

GMMAT 12-15-2008 10:22 AM

4 mature Bucks
3 1.5 bucks
And close to 20 does

Best I can figure....you're giving me too much credit.

I still think the 6 pointer I took this year is a 2.5yr old. I'll never know as his lower jawbone was discarded by the guy doing the euro.

So.....I'll take credit for 3 mature bucks spanning 4 seasons (no deer taken my first season). Only one 1.5 yr old.....and three 2.5yr olds. (bucks)

I have the does, here....and I take advantage of that fact (and the liberal limits). My post count could go to0, today,and it wouldn't make a hill of beans, to me. It has no merit on whitetail knowledge, whatsoever.

If not for many of the guys here....I'd still be walking into the woods and throwing u stands where I thought it looked good.....which is usually far from where I need to be.

HNI is NOT a popularity contest....and I have no interest in playing it that way. I'll seek what I'm looking for and take my chances on looking the fool. I'm good at it, apparently;). Funny thing is....I learn in odd ways. I'll takea position I don't even buy into to play devil's advocate.....and learn probably more from that than I would buying in to all the guys I look up to's mantras ALL the time.

I'm having a blast.:)

WesternMdHardwoods 12-15-2008 10:25 AM

I blame it on the fact that I didnt have the internet the first four years of my hunting career..:D!!

gri22ly 12-15-2008 10:35 AM

Jeff is a deer hunting phenomenon, the man has mad skills. If you dont stop and read when he post your missing out.

If thoese 4 mature buck's had Lake Co. IL. or even Christian Co. KY. head gear, somewould think hewas a god............ Thats a fact!!!!

LouisianaTomkat 12-15-2008 10:37 AM

Dang Jeff. You are probably getting crowded in the groin about now.[8D]

Even if Jeff is an arrogant, sarcastic, Pain in the butt at times, he still hunts and succeeds. (Of course what is respective of his area):D

Keep it up Jeff. If no one else starts a conversation here (no matter how senseless), Jeff will take one for the team.

KUDOS;)

GMMAT 12-15-2008 10:39 AM

If no one else starts a conversation here (no matter how senseless), Jeff will take one for the team.
Come on in....the water's fine!

TEmbry 12-15-2008 10:41 AM

Is GMMAT the new GregH for worship posts?:eek::D

He has got it done, on young bucks, old bucks, young does, and old does...he has put the fur in the dirt. Can't argue that for sure. Doing something right.

(For Kyle)...Kudos Jeff.

Jeff, did you end up aging your halloween buck?

GMMAT 12-15-2008 10:46 AM

I don't know if he's 3.5 or 4.5, Trevor.....but I have the jawbone. He (taxi) boiled it with the skull....and I'll pick it up when I pick up the euro.

buckmaster 12-15-2008 10:46 AM

Jeff is a class act guy... whether you guys give him credit for it or not. I remember back when I first come to these forums, Jeff invited me down to shoot at his local shop... thats where it all started. He's always gave me hand any way he could from treestands, to climbing sticks, Bh's, decoys, you name it. If I told you the deal he gave me on his old Allegiance.... you guys would think he's nuts.

Deer or no deer, he's a great guy.

Rob/PA Bowyer 12-15-2008 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I blame it on the fact that I didnt have the internet the first four years of my hunting career..:D!!
I would have loved to have had the internet when I started 27 years ago, that would have taken a giant learning curve out of the equation. Oh the stories I could tell and oh the opportunities I wish I had back again.

bryant1 12-15-2008 11:02 AM

coolfeat, but not an uncommon one in the southern states. Most of my die-hard friends and i kill 3-5 bucks during the six week bow season here. I took 5 bucks with a bow this past bow season( 2- 2.5 yr old and 3 1.5 yr old),and i don't shoot does.

MN/Kyle 12-15-2008 11:09 AM

I'll go against everything I stand for and say "Kudos ([&:])" myself.

You put deer on the ground, and that is what it is about in the end.

GMMAT 12-15-2008 11:13 AM

Most of my die-hard friends and i kill 3-5 bucks during the six week bow season here.
Most of my friends who strictly bowhunt have taken a nice buck this year, too. Kudos to them all (with any weapon). Buckmaster, Brknwrrow, NCHunterman all hunt NC....and all got it done.

The guys around HERE, though??? Not so much. Of the guys I know hunting in the area I hunt......I know of ONE 2.5 yr old 7-pointer that was taken via rifle on the rifle opener. Other than that......I know of only does. That's a GOOD thing!

Hunting DEER in the south isn't rocket science by any stretch.....you're right. Finding a buck with more than a couple candles on his cake is another thing. I've seen exactly 5 in 4 seasons (3, this year).

mohunter82 12-15-2008 11:18 AM

great guy. great sportsman.

NY/Al 12-15-2008 11:21 AM

But his sits in those 4 years total the amount of sits that I can have in about 10 years here!;)

GMMAT 12-15-2008 11:24 AM

Sitting on 209 (sits)currently, AL......and putting 210 in the books, today, from the ground with the longbow.

No apologies!

Vabowman 12-15-2008 11:26 AM

he does have lots of time to hunt...that can be the difference in just about everything, but saying someone has more time is like using the ol location excuse...got to accept our fate on that....I have kids, 2 small kids, a full time job, and everything that goes with it...I still hunt at least 3 times a week which is enough...

NY/Al 12-15-2008 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Sitting on 209 (sits)currently, AL......and putting 210 in the books, today, from the ground with the longbow.

No apologies!
Wasnt looking for one, just stating a fact.

OHbowhntr 12-15-2008 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I would have loved to have had the internet when I started 27 years ago, that would have taken a giant learning curve out of the equation. Oh the stories I could tell and oh the opportunities I wish I had back again.
Me too, Rob!!! The internet has been a very pivotal part of my development as a hunter over the last 6-7yrs, and helped me understand much more about the game we hunt, as well as the frustrations I've personally had trying to hunt them. We can pick up 10yrs. of knowledge in a week on internet forums, how well we apply that may be another thing, but there is a great deal of knowledge to be picked up here. Much easier to learn from word-of-mouth, than to have to be a guinea pig making the same mistake 3 or 4 damned times before we realize the mistake we're making. And be it tuning a bow or using a grunt call appropriately, or ever getting the right spine on our arrows so the damn things don't keep sailing left, the internet certainly has a vast amount of info. for us to improve ourselves as predators with bows.

Jeff and I have had a couple of disagreements, but I think hunters especially passionate hunters who are very serious about the sport ARE going too argue every once in a while. But at the end of the day, I'd certainly welcome him to spend time around my campfire.

As I've said before, I believe there are a lot of very good hunters here. Opportunity plays a big factor as well, I get out a couple times a week, which limits me greatly, in years past, I've gotten out 5-6 times per week, seen LOTS of deer, and killed quite a few. Mature bucks, well, I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. I've passed up everything that was under 120" in the last 3 seasons, were some of them "mature???" Well, I believe several were 3.5 and 4.5yr old bucks, but they didn't have the headgear I was willing to place my ONLY buck tag on, therefore, they got free passes. Likewise, I'm sure there are many guys who have the same dilemma as myself each year.

Having said all of that, no one can deny Jeff's dedication to the sport, and his drive to get out there and put some time in stands, scouting, etc. And what he's accomplished in his first 4 yrs. is far beyond what many of us probably did in our first 10 years, myself included.