Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal >

Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal

Old 04-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal

A guy my brother knew was desperate for $, and was getting out of archery. Has back problems also I guess. Anyways my brother told me he had a modern Hoyt he was selling dirt cheap. I went to the guys house today, and turns out to be a 2000, or 2001 Magnatec w/XT-2000 limbs. As matter of fact the guy claims he just had these limbs put on it new, before last fall. He bought it new w/ 65-80 lb rated limbs, and realized it was way to much. So had them replaced with the next limb down I believe is 45-65lb limbs. It has the factory package on it, 2 prong rest, hoyt fiber pins sight. He included half dozen XX75 2117 arrows, and a HHA release. He let me have it for $150! I wasn' t in the market for another bow, just bought a new Champion last spring. But I know this bow went for over $500 new, as my other brother has the same exact Hoyt, and thats what he paid $520 for his. How could I resist, make an excellent backup for me.
My only problem with the bow is the draw is 29-31" cam. I shoot a 27" draw, so have to pickup a new cam for it. Do I contact Hoyt for a cam, or go to a dealer? I checked Hoyt' s website, and it doesn' t show anything on older models or cams.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal

Go to your nearest authorized Hoyt dealer. They will get you the correct cam.

BTW, congrats on the great deal. And use those 2117`s for tomato stakes.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

2117' s ???
Anyhow, nice deal. I ran across a good deal two years ago and got a $350.oo bow for $150.00 new at the store. BUT your deal blows it away!!
I' m suprised your brother didn' t snag it up for an exact back up.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 brothers. The one w/ the Hoyt didn' t know about it until after I bought it. He lives quite farther away from rest of the family. I don' t plan on using the 2117' s, probably give them away to a friend of mine who shoots that size arrow. The bow was cranked down pretty far though, limb bolts were showing by good 1/2" anyways, claims its around 50-55lbs. I also did some older Hoyt bow searches online. It appears by the limb pockets its a 2001. The limb pockets on the 2000 model appear different than these are. These are just like the ones that are used on the Hoyt' s now. It definitly came w/ the factory package, see now even the stabilizer is one the factory uses. Not that the factory package is anything great. But gives me idea what it was new. I' ll be contacting my local Hoyt dealer for cam options on it. Thanks guys!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:32 AM

Congrats on the new bow. Enjoy it!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:44 AM

you got a heck of a deal!!! i paid $405 for my 2001 magna tec. (bare bow)
Old 04-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

For a second I thought you were going to say you got it free.

An awesome deal no a used hoyt would have to be free for me!

All joking aside, sounds like you got a great bargain. Boy it just doesn' t hurt to be in the right place sometimes.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

IBM,

Heck, I will give you a free Hoyt if it means we gained another convert....

Buck Alley,

Sounds like you received a good deal my friend. The bow alone was definitely worth much more...not to mention the rest of the package. To my knowledge though, the Hoyt bows do not cover a 15 lb draw weight range but rather a 10 lb one. So, to be on the safe side, I would crank the limbs all the way down and check the draw weight. Then, do not go down more than 4 complete turns of the limbs or approximately 10 lbs.

Good luck with the new bow.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heck Frank, send it on over. I did say a good deal on a hoyt was a free one. You want my address?
Old 04-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

....oh, now I understand what you are saying. For a second there I thought there was a waver in the force....

Quick Reply: Picked up a used Hoyt today,awesome deal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.