Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is? >

P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?

Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?

Well Jeff all I can tell you is that back when my father was the president of the club I didn't see my lifestyle changing or any new cars in the driveway...LOL
But that was many years ago. And yes I do still think they send out a finance report every year. I used to be a member of the club. But I haven't paid my dues this year. No the club isn't for everyone, but they do a lot to protect our sport and in these days we need all the help we can get.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: P&Y Scoring...WHY is it the way it is?

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

Well Jeff all I can tell you is that back when my father was the president of the club I didn't see my lifestyle changing or any new cars in the driveway...LOL
But that was many years ago. And yes I do still think they send out a finance report every year. I used to be a member of the club. But I haven't paid my dues this year. No the club isn't for everyone, but they do a lot to protect our sport and in these days we need all the help we can get.
Damn right they do! It blows me away how people can knock this club down when the P&Y club Is the one fighting for our rights as bow hunters. People shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you!! Here's some of the stuff the P&Y club has done-

Conservation Grants The 2008-2009 fiscal year Pope and Young Club Conservation Program budget has been approved at over $111,000.00. Included are Conservation Fund Grants to the following projects in areas of education, pro-wildlife management, research and partnerships: [ul][*]National Archery in the Schools Program[*]North American Bowhunting Coalition[*]Youth Conservation Education Portal[*]U. S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (Bowhunting Rights Coalition)[*]Jack Creek Preserve Foundation - Youth Camps and youth education[*]American Wildlife Conservation Partners[*]Ballot Issues Coalition[*]Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation[*]National Conservation Leadership Institute[*]Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Trust - public documentary on hunting[*]Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance[*]Becoming an Outdoors Woman Program[*]National Shooting Sports Foundation - public schools conservation videos[*]Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry[*]Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies[*]Wood Bison Restoration Project - Alaska[*]Orion – The Hunter’s Institute[*]Archery Hall of Fame[*]Hunting For Tomorrow Foundation[*]Be Bear Aware and Wildlife Stewardship Campaign[*]Judy Kovar Hunting Heritage Programs[*]Arizona Deer DNA Research Study[*]Wyoming’s Absaroka elk research project [/ul] With this year’s grants, the Pope and Young Club has given more than $500,000.00 in grants the lastsix years to worthy projects throughout North America.
[hr]2007-2008 Grants[*]Pope and Young Club Museum Conservation Display[*]National Archery in the Schools Program[*]North American Bowhunting Coalition[*]Youth Conservation Education Portal[*]American Wildlife Conservation Partners[*]Becoming An Outdoor Woman[*]Hunting & Shooting Sports Heritage Trust[*]U. S. Sportsmen’s Alliance[*]Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance[*]Jack Creek Preserve Foundation Youth Camp[*]Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation[*]Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies[*]Ballot Issues Coalition[*]Kicking Bear Foundation[*]National Shooting Sports Foundation[*]Orion – The Hunters’ Institute[*]Arizona Game & Fish Department Deer DNA Study[*]Judy Kovar’s Hunting Heritage Program[*]Wyoming Game and Fish Dept - Absaroka Elk Project[*]Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry[*]Be Bear Aware & Wildlife Stewardship Campaign[*]Archery Hall of Fame[*]Hunting For Tomorrow Foundation[*]Utah State University Mule Deer Winter Nutrition Study[*]National Conservation Leadership Institute[*]Alaska Fish and Game Dept - wood bison restoration project[*]Mountain Thinking Conservation Science Collaborative
[hr]
2006-2007 Grants [ul][*]National Archery in the Schools Program[*]American Wildlife Conservation Partners[*]Becoming An Outdoor Woman[*]Hunting & Shooting Sports Heritage Trust[*]U. S. Sportsmen’s Alliance[*]Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance[*]Boone & Crockett Club – Hunt Fair Chase[*]Jack Creek Preserve Foundation Youth Camp[*]Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation[*]International Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies[*]Ballot Issues Coalition[*]University of Idaho Bowhunter Survey[*]Kicking Bear Foundation[*]National Shooting Sports Foundation[*]Orion – The Hunters’ Institute[*]Arizona Game & Fish Department Deer Study[*]Judy Kovar’s Hunting Heritage Program[*]South Dakota Pronghorn Research Study[*]Absaroks Elk Project[*]Utah State University Wolf/Cougar Study[*]Farmers & Hunters Feeding the Hungry[*]Be Bear Aware & Wildlife Stewardship Campaign[*]Archery Hall of Fame[*]Hunting For Tomorrow Foundation[*]Utah State University Mule Deer Winter Nutrition Study[*]Washington State Bowhunters Highway Fence Project[*]National Conservation Leadership Institute[*]North American Bowhunting Coalition [/ul] [hr] 2005-2006 Grants [ul][*]American Wildlife Conservation Partners[*]Congressional Sportsman’s Foundation[*]National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses[*]International Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies[*]Ballot Issues Coalition[*]U. S. Sportsmen’s Alliance – Bowhunters Rights Coalition[*]Judy Kovar Heritage Programs (in public schools)[*]National Shooting Sports Foundation – conservation videos in public schools[*]Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry Program[*]Becoming an Outdoors Woman Program[*]NSSF – Heritage Trust[*]Orion, the Hunter’s Institute[*]National Archery in the Schools Program[*]Hunting for Tomorrow Foundation (in Alberta)[*]Boone & Crockett Club’s Hunt Fair Chase Program[*]Deer and elk workshop – Nevada Department of Wildlife[*]Pronghorn antelope study – South Dakota State University[*]Mule deer winter range research project – Utah State University[*]Deer DNA research project – Arizona Department of F&G / Purdue University[*]Archery Hall of Fame[*]Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance[*]The Wildlands Center[*]Wood bison restoration project – Alaska F&G Department[*]Jack Creek Preserve Foundation – youth conservation & bowhunting education[*]North American Bowhunting Coalition[/ul]