Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Broken Stabilizer! >

Broken Stabilizer!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broken Stabilizer!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Spike

Default RE: Broken Stabilizer!

Here are pictures..hopefully I can get these to post right

IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/nneneman/SUC50661.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Spike

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr291/nneneman/SUC50661.jpg

Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats odd! Yeah just try what i suggested. If you cant get it to spin out, and dont feel comfortable drilling it, let someone else you trust try and do the easy-out thing. It should work. Left handed drills work very well too.
Derek
Old 12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry that happened to you. That realy sucks.

There are a couple ways to get it out. One is to get a tool that will remove broken bolts from at hardware store. The way it works is you drill a hole and then put the bolt extractor in and it bites into the metal to grip it and back it out.

Another way that may work is to get a dremel with a cutting wheel on it. Cut a slot across the broken bolt and use a flat head scewdriver to remove it. Obviously this is trickier as you have to watch hitting the riser.

Personaly I'd go buy the broken bolt extractor. Take your time. You may also want to put some penetrating oil on it if you've had it in the rain etc. It can't hurt except for the smell later but you can clean it off later.

Good luck
Old 12-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

There are a couple ways to get it out. One is to get a tool that will remove broken bolts from at hardware store. The way it works is you drill a hole and then put the bolt extractor in and it bites into the metal to grip it and back it out.

Another way that may work is to get a dremel with a cutting wheel on it. Cut a slot across the broken bolt and use a flat head scewdriver to remove it. Obviously this is trickier as you have to watch hitting the riser.

Personaly I'd go buy the broken bolt extractor. Take your time. You may also want to put some penetrating oil on it if you've had it in the rain etc. It can't hurt except for the smell later but you can clean it off later.

Good luck
That is what i was referring to as an easy-out.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Spike

Thanks guys..I'll see what I can do. Should be able to get er done.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just take a small drill bit and drill a small hole in the broken end. ( not to deep so you don't hit the riser. Lightly tap in an extractor and back it out. Shouldn't be to hard unless it is seized in there....

Shane
Old 12-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oops, sorry didn't see that was already posted. Best of luck bud.

Shane
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys are going at this all arong. Its simple enough to get that part out. I have removed busted bolts quickly and easilly by getting some JB Quick (JB Weld Quick Drying) Using a shorter, smaller diameter bolt, be carefull when puttign this stuff on if you have any exposed threads, you dont want to get this stuff in them. But jb weld the bolt to the broken piece. let dry for proper amount of time, and use a wrench to back the part out. Stabilizers should only be put in hand tight so there should be no reason it shouldnt come easilly.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Good luck
That is what i was referring to as an easy-out.

Yep I just missed it. sorry. Though I do like the JB weld idea!

Quick Reply: Broken Stabilizer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.