Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Anyone shoot/shooting Rocky Mountain Snypers ?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

BUT, practice with them, although I have grouping perfect with field tips plus other fixed heads, I have seen them be off slightly for a friend of mine.
I agree 100% with this. Mine do not shoot to the exact same POI as my field tips. Close, but no cigar. However, they do group very nicely.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have about 8 of them laying around. Shoot good, never shot them at an animal though.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Typical Buck

I just killed my 10th and 11th deer with them this season. As long as they keep making them, I will be using them. I love em. Devastating entrance and exit wounds and incredible bloodtrails. About 5 years ago I rushed my shot a littleand shot a buck a bit forward. He shot him at 29 yards with a Mathews Q2 , 28" draw - 70 lbs. I hit him in the back part of the shoulder. The arrow blew through both shoulders and was laying about 5 yards behind him. It knocked him completely down, then he got up and went about 100 yards before dropping for good. The Snyper blew through both shoulders, and other than the blood on it, it didn't even look like it had been shot, let alone through the back part of 2 shoulders. I bought a pack of Rage's last year because the guy at the local shop saved me back a pack of Rage instead of the Snypers like I had asked. I kept them since I knew that they were actually a "glorified" Snyper. As I understand they bought the patent from Rocky Mountain for the Snyper and then made a few modifiacations and made the Rage. Thankfully I guess part of the deal was that the Snypers could still be produced and sold. Truthfully, I ( nor my buddy) really liked the Rage. I got so tired of looking down during my hunt and seeing one of the blades hanging open. It seemed that if you barely bumped the arrow or your bow on a tree or something, they would open up. I know that alot of guys on here say that it is because the blades weren' seated right, but I know that I had them right. Anyhow, I did kill a big doe with one, but I just prefer the Snypers. I hope that they keep making them for a long time!!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I just killed my 10th and 11th deer with them this season. As long as they keep making them, I will be using them. I love em. Devastating entrance and exit wounds and incredible bloodtrails. About 5 years ago I rushed my shot a littleand shot a buck a bit forward. He shot him at 29 yards with a Mathews Q2 , 28" draw - 70 lbs. I hit him in the back part of the shoulder. The arrow blew through both shoulders and was laying about 5 yards behind him. It knocked him completely down, then he got up and went about 100 yards before dropping for good. The Snyper blew through both shoulders, and other than the blood on it, it didn't even look like it had been shot, let alone through the back part of 2 shoulders. I bought a pack of Rage's last year because the guy at the local shop saved me back a pack of Rage instead of the Snypers like I had asked. I kept them since I knew that they were actually a "glorified" Snyper. As I understand they bought the patent from Rocky Mountain for the Snyper and then made a few modifiacations and made the Rage. Thankfully I guess part of the deal was that the Snypers could still be produced and sold. Truthfully, I ( nor my buddy) really liked the Rage. I got so tired of looking down during my hunt and seeing one of the blades hanging open. It seemed that if you barely bumped the arrow or your bow on a tree or something, they would open up. I know that alot of guys on here say that it is because the blades weren' seated right, but I know that I had them right. Anyhow, I did kill a big doe with one, but I just prefer the Snypers. I hope that they keep making them for a long time!!
Hey Proff...

How many pass-thrus with the snypers? Why won't anyone answer this?

Also....the same company owns Rocky Mountain AND Rage.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Why won't anyone answer this?

Post #4 Jeff. It hasn't been an issue for me other than the far shoulder hit on the hard quartering away shot. I've had the same thing happen with fixed blades though on that hit. The other two, the arrows slid through like a hot knife through butter and were buried hard into the ground. Shooting about 65 pounds out of my Trykon with a fairly heavy arrow by many peoples standards. Don't know the speed.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

GMMAT,

Every one but one was a pass thu. On that one, it was a real short shot from a treestand. It buried the head into the bottom of the opposite shoulder/ top of the leg bone. It snapped the leg right under where the head was buried.

Also, I forgot that they are both the same company now. As long as they keep making the Snypers.... I will be happy.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Jackhammer SST expandable is the best there is. OR i also like to use Rage and NAP Hellrazors depends on which one of my bows i shoot.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Do these broadheads come with a practice broadhead to shoot with so you know if they shoot any different or not?
Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

I shot the Rocky Mountain Snypers for 3 years and loved them, I switched to rage last year and I like them as well, Both have a huge entry hole and exit hole. I will admit I like the Rocky mountain snypers a little better. The rubber band keeps the blades from openingprematurely, not to mention the Rages are about twice the cost for3 pack.I have 12 heads of each with replacement packs so I won't need any soon, But if I did knowing what I do now, I would buy Rocky Mountain Snypers.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.