HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:49 PM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Anyone shoot/shooting Rocky Mountain Snypers ?

I just killed my 10th and 11th deer with them this season. As long as they keep making them, I will be using them. I love em. Devastating entrance and exit wounds and incredible bloodtrails. About 5 years ago I rushed my shot a littleand shot a buck a bit forward. He shot him at 29 yards with a Mathews Q2 , 28" draw - 70 lbs. I hit him in the back part of the shoulder. The arrow blew through both shoulders and was laying about 5 yards behind him. It knocked him completely down, then he got up and went about 100 yards before dropping for good. The Snyper blew through both shoulders, and other than the blood on it, it didn't even look like it had been shot, let alone through the back part of 2 shoulders. I bought a pack of Rage's last year because the guy at the local shop saved me back a pack of Rage instead of the Snypers like I had asked. I kept them since I knew that they were actually a "glorified" Snyper. As I understand they bought the patent from Rocky Mountain for the Snyper and then made a few modifiacations and made the Rage. Thankfully I guess part of the deal was that the Snypers could still be produced and sold. Truthfully, I ( nor my buddy) really liked the Rage. I got so tired of looking down during my hunt and seeing one of the blades hanging open. It seemed that if you barely bumped the arrow or your bow on a tree or something, they would open up. I know that alot of guys on here say that it is because the blades weren' seated right, but I know that I had them right. Anyhow, I did kill a big doe with one, but I just prefer the Snypers. I hope that they keep making them for a long time!!
Hey Proff...

How many pass-thrus with the snypers? Why won't anyone answer this?

Also....the same company owns Rocky Mountain AND Rage.