Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Putting your friend on a deer.. >

Putting your friend on a deer..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Putting your friend on a deer..

Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 AM

Default Putting your friend on a deer..

Is it just me or does everyone else get more excitementout ofputting their friends on a deer rather than shooting one themselves?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Putting your friend on a deer..

Is it just me or does everyone else get more excitementout ofputting their friends on a deer rather than shooting one themselves?
It's just you. I get more excitement out of putting myself on a deer .
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I can tell you this.....it's:

1. A lot of pressure.....really.
2. An absolute BLAST to see/be there when a friend kills a deer you put him on.

My feelings on this have chnged a lot over the last two years. At first....I looked at this ALL wrong. I mean ALLLllll wrong. I still remember a thread where BigJ kinda set me straight....and he was right.

Now....hosting my friends here (and I've had 4 HNI'ers hunting here in the last 2 years.....with 3 of them scoring!) is the highlight(s) of my season. I'll add people to the list next year (if not this year).
Old 12-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I set my one of my older friends up by scouting with him and convincing him to sit by the swamp,
instead of a small clear cut.
I moved his stand for him and he went in the next day @ 2:00 and by 3:45 he called to ask me to help him drag.
169lb. 9 pt

It was way more fun "thinking" I actually new what I was doing and then directly proving it too someone else

And NO he's wasn't smoking wacky tabacky!

I made him a nice frame with a 5X7 picture for him and "our" success for x-mas.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My brother never shot a big buck till this year. I put him in one of my favorite stands and he grunted him into 20 yds and arrowed him.. I was really really excited for him. Down side it was the buck I had been chasing for quite some time, but I was still excited for him..

Then he went with my uncle on his first shotgun hunt on public ground none the less.. They once again grunted in about a 110" buck and my brother was in stand with him when he shot the buck. From what I hear they were both more excited then what they normally are when alone.. Kind of Cool!!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

No doubt about it for me. It is as much fun putting someone else on a deer than shooting them myself. My son shot his second deer ever this year - first one was last year. He is twelve. He got the shakes after the shot. You all know what I am talking about. I loved watching him feel the "rush" that is deer hunting!

Better yet is when multiple people score on the same hunt, but that doesn't happen very often.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM

It's an awesome feeling. I have been trying to put my buddy on a big typical 10 I have on camera all season. So far no luck, but he has gotten a younger buck.

It's great seeing your freinds happy.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

This is a picture of my son's girl friend. I put her in a blind for the shotgun weekend and she stuck it out like a trooper through some severely cold temperatures. On Sunday Dec. 7th, in the last 15 min. of legal shooting light, she nails this nice 10 pt. Her first deer ever! I know it's not a bow kill but nothing thrilled me more than seeing her shoot her first deer, let alone a nice buck like this. She capped off a great year that started with killing her first tom in the spring. By the way, this is also her first year of "hunting". I'd say we introduced a new hunter to our sportthat will be hooked for life!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM

I need to get more friends like those of you who want to put a friend on a deer.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

From 2007...

From 2008...

Quick Reply: Putting your friend on a deer..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.