Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Putting your friend on a deer.. >

Putting your friend on a deer..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Putting your friend on a deer..

Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Putting your friend on a deer..

I don't know about more..... But I definitely love doing it!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never put friends on deer, but I absolutly LOVE putting people on their first turkey.

I'm 5/6 on putting people on turkeys. Been with for 4 of them, it is a rush. Especially when people haven't hunted them before. When they hear their first gobble 20 yards away on the roost, they look at me like they saw a ghost..

Look forward to putting a good friend, and fellow HNIeron a bear, next september.

Talk about pressure.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TNBowHuntr

Is it just me or does everyone else get more excitementout ofputting their friends on a deer rather than shooting one themselves?
yeah, but he missed on 2 does in 20 minutes :/

Old 12-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter_59

This is a picture of my son's girl friend. I put her in a blind for the shotgun weekend and she stuck it out like a trooper through some severely cold temperatures. On Sunday Dec. 7th, in the last 15 min. of legal shooting light, she nails this nice 10 pt. Her first deer ever! I know it's not a bow kill but nothing thrilled me more than seeing her shoot her first deer, let alone a nice buck like this. She capped off a great year that started with killing her first tom in the spring. By the way, this is also her first year of "hunting". I'd say we introduced a new hunter to our sportthat will be hooked for life!

You better shut her down now. Thats a nice buck. Gonna be hard to beat it. LOL
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

That's what I told her! It could be a lot of cold hours on stand to shoot a buck like that again. I gotta hand it to her, she put in the hours. It wasn't just walk out there and shoot one on opening day. It couldn't happen to a nicer girl!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had Matt/TN here over Thanksgiving to hunt with me for 3 days, the first too we were hard at it, bow in hand seeing nothing, I wanted so bad to put him on a deer, and you really do feel the pressure, even though youve explained to them, "We may not see a single deer", and "I cant garantee you anything" and you know thats not a concern for them either.....

BUT that is after all what they are there for, and when its not working out, I started to feel the pressure, the last morning, Matt decided to take my rifle out, and took what ended up being a spike.What a relief.... but it was a Blast! Hopefully will be doing it again. I'd post a pic, but I got a new comp. and havent transfered any files yet.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Good thread...

I'm two for two this year. Both times, it was awesome when mycell phone rangwith the happy hunters on the other end.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:14 PM

I enjoy trying to get my buddies on some deer because we do a lot of good stalks together. Sometimes i know i will push the deer to him and sometimes he knows he will push the deer to me. We usually surround small bedding areas and start creeping. Its exciting and helps to teach you to walk quietly through the woods.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Jeff, Aaron, and Rory. I wouldn't say "more", but rather "as much". When I'm hunting for myself, I have drive. when I'm hunt with others, I have pressure. It is a pressure I love-wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China!

So how many of you are going to show up for a Colorado elk hunt?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

So how many of you are going to show up for a Colorado elk hunt?
I'm there again for my 4th hunt coming in Sept. in '09

Quick Reply: Putting your friend on a deer..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.