Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Antler envy and hunter hate. >

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 AM

Default RE: Antler envy and hunter hate.

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

The only man I envy is he who holds truer to his character, integrity, and word as a manthan I can. The only man I hate is he who had no intention of any of that.
Had to add this couldn't have been better said. Lots of people in today's world are extremely lacking in all these depts, and I am still trying to decide what to blame it on.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 AM

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

If you cannot share, then there'sreally no place in hunting for you. For me, it's that simple.
That's why I put my friend in the same tree I killed my buck from this year. He got one just a couple hours later,then the following day I put another friend in that tree. He got one too.

I had the extreme pleasure of being able to take a small part in both of those guys hunts. We made memories. If we are fortunate enough to get there, we'll be talking about the 2008 hunting season when we are old and gray.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Why does the success of another hunter so many times turn into a behind the back flogging? When local guys are successful, they are night hunters, poachers, cheats....

It is never that they work hard and make the right moves to be successful in the eyes of others.My favorite accusation of peopletoward a successful hunter is the"cherry picker" anology.... They only shoot big bucks because their property holds them.

Many people here share their knowledge with any one willing to talk about our passion.Very little hate is shown toward most members, other thanthe occasionalpersonality conflictsand egos. Onehunter in particular on this sitehas had many successes in the deer woods and shares his thoughts and opinions just like everyone else.But, manylove to hate him because he has been successful killing big bucks. WHY?

Why does it have to be this way? Why can't we all be happy for our fellowlaw abidingbowhunting brothers and not trash them at every opportunity?

Even if someone has it "better" than you whether from land access or trophy potential, why does it have to turn into a pissing match? If I livedin your area of the country.... If I had access to your woods....

If you are not happy with the hand you were dealt, do something about it, or just deal with it. Be happy with what you got, rather than bashsomeone else who you feel has it better. Finally show some respect toward your brothers. We are all in this together.
this does happen a lot.There are a few guys around here that consistently kill 140-160 inch deer year after year. Its the select few guys that consistently kill 170-190 inch deer year after year that make you wonder.