HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Antler envy and hunter hate. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/277783-antler-envy-hunter-hate.html)

buckeye 12-10-2008 09:20 AM

Antler envy and hunter hate.

Why does the success of another hunter so many times turn into a behind the back flogging? When local guys are successful, they are night hunters, poachers, cheats....

It is never that they work hard and make the right moves to be successful in the eyes of others.My favorite accusation of peopletoward a successful hunter is the"cherry picker" anology.... They only shoot big bucks because their property holds them.

Many people here share their knowledge with any one willing to talk about our passion.Very little hate is shown toward most members, other thanthe occasionalpersonality conflictsand egos. Onehunter in particular on this sitehas had many successes in the deer woods and shares his thoughts and opinions just like everyone else.But, manylove to hate him because he has been successful killing big bucks. WHY?

Why does it have to be this way? Why can't we all be happy for our fellowlaw abidingbowhunting brothers and not trash them at every opportunity?

Even if someone has it "better" than you whether from land access or trophy potential, why does it have to turn into a pissing match? If I livedin your area of the country.... If I had access to your woods....

If you are not happy with the hand you were dealt, do something about it, or just deal with it. Be happy with what you got, rather than bashsomeone else who you feel has it better. Finally show some respect toward your brothers. We are all in this together.

cooter144 12-10-2008 09:23 AM

RE: Antler envy and hunter hate.

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Why does the success of another hunter so many times turn into a behind the back flogging?

Jealousy

Rory/MO 12-10-2008 09:24 AM

Finally someone made this post[&:]

buttonbuckmaster 12-10-2008 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

No one is jealous of you, Scott. Get over yourself.:eek:

[8D]

130woodman 12-10-2008 09:29 AM

x2

ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Why does the success of another hunter so many times turn into a behind the back flogging?

Jealousy

crenshaw 12-10-2008 09:29 AM

People are just jealous. I guyI know shot a great buck, and this other guy started saying i bet he got it with a spotlight. This deer was shot in the middle of the day with other people hunting the property that can vouch for him and was checked in before dark, and a game warden was at the station to authenticate the kill. I have heard so many stories of guys being kicked out of clubs because there successful and so on. People are always going to be jealous. I hear rash comments on this site all the time saying he must have been poaching to get that deer, looks like a high fence buck to me, and so on.

Your right Buckeye, if people have a problem with others success then they should do something about there situation. And if the guy did it illegally then that sucks, but dont be so quick to jump on everyones back when they succeed. This type of behavior is potrayed in all walks of life. If someone is a winner there automatically a cheater. you know what im talking about buckeye

buckeye 12-10-2008 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

No one is jealous of you, Scott. Get over yourself.:eek:

[8D]
I guess I do sorta have a mild case of envy on those sheds you have..... Nowif only I had access to your woods! :D;)

GMMAT 12-10-2008 09:30 AM

Scott:

While I agree with most every point you made.....I think it works both ways. I think the hunters hunting those prime spots need to not be SO defensive when that fact is pointed out. It's not dimishing their accomplishments (as I think securing such grounds should be commended;)).

If people are truly people who are unhappy with their hunting grounds (and profess this)....and they are complaining in the manner you describe......YEAH....I think that's sad. Find somewhere else to hunt. Make your own luck.

buckeye 12-10-2008 09:33 AM

I think the hunters hutning those prime spots need to not be SO defensive when that fact is pointed out.
Jeff....

This is something I have wondered for a long time. Why is it needed to be pointed out in the first place?

dukemichaels 12-10-2008 09:34 AM

It's not jealousy. At least those I know who have problems between other members don't seem to have it.

It usually comes down to personality conflict. And even alot of times misunderstanding of ones intentions as words get lost in translation.

Heck.. I had a tif with a member from New York recently. All because he thought my intentions were making fun of him by simply calling him the dude from New York. That's just mis-interpretation of my dry sense of humor. But it was seen as slander(ist?).

But I don't think most any of what happens here is because of jealousy.

And let's face it.. some dudes are just ****s. :D