Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting the same spots..... >

Hunting the same spots.....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting the same spots.....

Old 12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Hunting the same spots.....

Just curious...

1. How many times have you hunted, this season?

2. How many different spots/trees have you hunted?

Me...

1. 82 sits, so far.

2. I've probably sat in the same tree 3 or 4 times (twice).....so I'm gonna say70 different sets, minimal.

The shooting lanes thread got me thinking about this. If you'r ehunting the same stands time and time again......how much can you mix that up?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting the same spots.....

around 75 sits

6 different places

Depending on the wind, but so far I have been hunting one spot alot mroe than usual.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

32 Bow sits
2 States
25 Differant sets.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

43 sits

12 different sights
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no idea real numbers.. but..

Like 8 pieces to hunt.. 4 new pieces.. 2 pieces public.. maybe 35 sits (was a quick year for me). While buck hunting.

Pushing 30 plus trees.

Not counting the doe hunting I've done lately.. only sat two sets more than once. And of course being the camera dude doesn't count either.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only fifteen sits...four different stand locations. Probably a reason why I still have my KY tag. I should take a hint. The fewest days in a stand in five years.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 PM

If you hunt a stand in the right conditions...what is the difference. I'm not in anyway referring to me, but if a guy goes into his stand, hunts and leaves without spooking a deer, how did he pressure them?

I get where you are going with this, and agree to an extent...but if no deer is spooked, how is it added pressure for that spot?

I dont keep track of my sits, but I have only hunted 5 different setups this year. 0 deer spooked from me on stand by sight...or smell that I know of, besides the buck I missed that has been on same trail 3x since. Heck, I only had a deer look up at me twice, and bothimmediately looked down and continued walking/feeding. The general area is probably pressured more, but that would be the same if I used a climber and changed trees in the same general area.

I hope to haveclose to10setups next season across 3 counties, but realistically it will be more like 6-7 until I can buy another round of stands...I will be able to save my favorite spot until rut (best time for this place anyway)..and mix it up elsewhere until then.

SO

Unknown
and
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Spike

31 sits
3 different pieces of property
6 different trees
7 different ground blind setups
Old 12-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Human scent, Bumping deer walking to and from your stand and movement in the stand.

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

If you hunt a stand in the right conditions...what is the difference. I'm not in anyway referring to me, but if a guy goes into his stand, hunts and leaves without spooking a deer, how did he pressure them?

I get where you are going with this, and agree to an extent...but if no deer is spooked, how is it added pressure for that spot?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Is morning/afternoon 2 sits?

If yes, In PA, probably something around 27 sits, 9 different trees and one ground blind. 1 buck, 1 doe. Buck on last sit.

In IL, 10 sits, 4 of them being all day, 6 different trees. 1 buck. Buck on last sit.

Quick Reply: Hunting the same spots.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.