Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who is still doe hunting/I m takin it to the ground >

Who is still doe hunting/I m takin it to the ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is still doe hunting/I m takin it to the ground

Old 12-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Who's still doe hunting??

Nice set....I would like to see it in a brighter light though.

I personaly like to stalk pines and walk rivers for late season does....yes, literaly walk IN the water....they bed close to water and some of the thickest stuff that most people won't touch is accessable by water travel.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed a doe with my recurve tonight![:@]

Freekin stand was squeaky which made them on high alert...never should have even taken the shot...Made a ground blind though later so im all set to go!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Predator Primos blind ordered. It had been out of stock at Cabelas, so whenever they get them in mine will be on the way.

I've hunted from a few natural blinds before of piled up limbs and what not, but never out of an actual blind.

Mine will mostly be used for turkey hunting, but I do plan on getting it setup next year as there were a few times during November where I was miserable, cold, and wetsitting in a stand.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be stalk hunting all day on Friday with my bow...long live the bad weather and rain!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks great Don! I can only wish I was still oout there hunting, but I taged out last weekend, damn 1 deer a year law.[:@]
Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Looks great Don! I can only wish I was still oout there hunting, but I taged out last weekend, damn 1 deer a year law.[:@]
No doe tags in your county Darren?
Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Damn, that sucks...in my unit here in Wisc. we are a herd control unit as are like 20-30 others and we get to shoot as many does as we can set sights on.....
Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still on the meat wagon hunt, I have 3 doe tags to fill in the next 5 days, I will be half ground and pund and half in the tree. Should be ab;e to whack and stack a couple for the foodbank tonight
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've still got two Paantlerless tags left, as well as my Pa buck tag. At least one of them will have to get filled! Don, as far as that muliflora rose is concerned, the deer LOVE to eat that stuff.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hunting from the ground may very well be easier than from a treestand in late season.......I am dead serious!!! I've hunted numerous times from the ground with some success in late season with both does and bucks. Why do I say it may be easier? Because using a stand at this time of year you can be picked out. Two years ago in early January I tried to get a buddy a shot at his first deer ever. We entered the woods right after work one morning and within 15 minutes 11 does and 2 young bucks worked their way to within 15 yards of me and 20 yards of him. The does walked right past me and all i was doing was kneeling beside two trees.

Quick Reply: Who is still doe hunting/I m takin it to the ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.